Chapter 1

Maddox's POV

Angel is here, i can't believe it even as i watch her walk away.

I walk back into the almost empty school going straight to the gym. "You will never guess who i just saw!" I yell. Jake throws me a basketball.

"Who?" I smile helping him clean up. "Guess." He laughs shaking his head. "I don't know man....unicorn, Santa Claus, Jesus?"

I hit him with the last ball. "Those are dumb ass guesses." We walk into his office so he can get his stuff. "Well i don't know Mad. You look like an idiot smiling like that so those are my guesses."

I put my arm around his shoulder as we walk down the hall. "Marly is back." He immediately stops looking at me in disbelief. He was the only one there with Marly that night. He is also the only one that she actually said goodbye to.

He was angry at me because he saw me with Abby and Marly's face when she saw it too. When she didn't show up for graduation we got into a fight. It didn't turn physical until we asked Ma about it.

She told us that Marly left and asked to get her diploma online. That's when Jake started to punch me over and over again yelling at me into the ground. I didn't fight back, i wanted to get hurt for what i did to her but nothing took away the guilt.

Nothing would erase what i did or make her come back.

Tony got him off of me and picked me up off the floor. Mama and Emma were crying and freaking out in the corner of the room. Part of my punishment is that i remember everything i said to her.

"Because im such a loser and you were going to break up with me to date one of the nerds that go to your school."

"What like you are perfect? How are you going to break up with me? Who is going to wanna date you? Huh. When they can't even have kids with you. You are broken."

You are broken. That's the worst thing i could have ever said to her. I sometimes see her in my dreams and they turn to nightmares. They remind me the type of person that i am.

I can have any beautiful dream in the beginning. Us at a dance, in her room or in the yacht but it always ends up with us in my room and me smiling watching her face when i said those terrible words to her.

I saw and remember how she slowly broke down in front of me because i didn't only cheat on her but i said she was broken. I tried looking for her but she got into so many schools that it was hopeless.

"When did you see her?" Jake finally unfreezes.

"Well i have this little boy in my class, he is smaller then the rest but he knows enough to not only be in kindergarten but maybe 3rd grade so i personally walked him out. I wanted to tell his parents but guess who is the little genius's mom?"

He smiles like an idiot. "Marly is a mom." He whispers to himself clearly happy for her but then frowns. "What are the odds that she adopted a genius son?"

I shake my head. "His her biological son." He stops at his car. "Mad how is that even possible?" I shrug walking to mine. "I have no idea but she IS single." Jake glares at me.

"Maddox whatever your thinking don't. You have to leave her alone. She doesn't need you messing with her life just because you wanted her now that she can have kids." I glare back at him.

"Fuck you Jake. You know that's not why i want her. I tried to get her back BEFORE i knew about her son." Jake rolls his eyes getting in the car and driving away.

♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾

I get home locking the door behind me throwing the keys on the coffee table and my bag on the couch. I walk to the kitchen to get a beer but Tony and Emma are already there.