Act I • Chapter 1

"DON'T BE EASY TO DEFINE, LET THEM WONDER ABOUT YOU"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Boss, are you sure we're gonna bring this.. thing?" Nobunaga questioned with Uvogin by his side, carrying a chest that consisted of hundreds of nen seals surrounding it.

The Phantom troupe were on a mission that day to check out and steal precious things that could be auctioned from an old village that was rumored to be popular for their intelligence and treasures, far away from the city. But the village was gloomy with not a single soul there anymore, bones and blood that dried everywhere were the only ones that could be seen.

After moments of exploration from house to house, Pakunoda discovered a basement door from a property that was bigger than the others with tremendous amount of Nen coming from it and decided to see whatever was in there. The closer they got into the basement the stronger the aura got but they were up for the challenge as always.

One they'd reached the end. A steel door faced them, it weighs about 10 tons though it was a piece of cake for Uvogin and thus they went deeper and deeper with the aura getting deadlier. Some were also starting to get overwhelmed by it but never showed on their faces.

As they arrived to the end of the basement, they saw a chest large enough to fit kortopi, standing by the wall in the center of the room with dust everywhere. Nen seals, padlocks and chains were surrounding it along with the red and black aura suffocatingly occupying the room. They tried opening the case but it wont budge one bit and so they decided to brought it along with them for now.

Seems as though someone was desperate to keep the the coffin locked at all costs.

They were now on their way to one of their hideouts in whale island with the unopened chest tagging along with them.

"Danchou, are you sure we're gonna bring this...thing?" Nobunaga asked, receiving a curt nod from the head.

"Well it could be a priceless artifact judging by the way it's sealed." Shalnark stated earning the others' attention.

"Could be, I just want to know why the aura on it could practically kill a whole village. I can't even figure out if it's bloodlust or what." Bonolenov pointed out while staying away from it.

"Could be a corpse!" Uvogin joked, earning the others disapproval.

"If it is a corpse then there shouldn't be any Nen surrounding it— well besides the seals of course. But anyways, my point is that once a person dies, their Nen automatically fades as well." Shalnark explained "-Unless a miracle happens! which is highly unlikely."

"...But why is in a coffin though?" Shizuku rhetorically said, the troupe thought about it for a moment and before they realized, they've already arrived at their hideout. They placed the coffin in the center where they were all gathered around, trying to figure out a way to open it.

They tried day and night opening it. It has already been a week since they found the casket but still to no luck. That was until their leader stood up from his spot, shutting his book and walked closer to the casket, some members were still there knowing for sure that their boss has already found a way to open it.

And he really did. He had read hundreds of nen books since day one and now their hard work have finally paid off.

The seals and locks faded when the head of the spider chanted a phrase, Chrollo backed away because of the immense amount of nen aggressively making their way out. If it were a normal person they would've died already. Everyone's head was laced with curiosity, some thought it was an ancient scripture, the others thought of a nen artifact.

But all of them were dumbfounded when a head popped out of it, slowly sitting in the case.

Curly white hair that reached her waist, with the upper part of her hair tied up in a bun. Pale skin, her eyelashes were obviously long due to the fact that her eyes were still closed. And a veil that covered half of her face with some blood spilt on it. She had a strong smell of vanilla, and judging by how she looked, she look around 13– for short, a Kid.

"A KID?!" Half of them yelled in surprise as the others remained silent in befuddlement.

"So you're telling me that deadly aura came from a child?!" Nobunaga stood up and went nearer to the girl as the others followed him.

"From the looks of it— yes." Pakunoda said in amusement and was about to touch the girl in order to use her ability on her but was signaled by their boss to stay still.

The girl opened her eyelids, revealing her bloody red orbs in which apparently are very rare. She let her eyes wander around, noticing a lot of people surrounding her, examining her every move like some rare species (to which she is).

Suddenly, Chrollo approached the girl, crouching down her level as she stared at him with sharp and trained eyes. The man then spoke, "Hello, little girl." But instead of responding, she continued to stare at him.

"Can you speak?" He asked again to which the girl nodded. They stared at each other for a little while until Chrollo spoke again. "Do you perhaps need water?" The girl nodded once again. Chrollo asked Pakunoda to get a glass of water to which she obliged, she handed the glass to the girl. The albino girl nodded her thanks to Pakunoda and drank it.

silence along with the sound of the girl chugging down the water were the only ones that reached their ears.

Placing down the empty glass, she gracefully stood up from the casket revealing her black-red themed Kimono with splashes of dry blood beautifully decorated all over the cloth and a pair of black sandals.

Using her left hand she lifted up her dress a bit to step out of the casket and respectfully nodded at Chrollo and then to the members.

"Apologies, my throat was dry for a very long time you see." Her soft yet cold voice ran through their ears, followed by their leader's.

"What's your name?"

"You need not to know. However as my benefactor, I shall grant you a favor." She said, her tiny voice that hinted no emotion.

"...I'll save that for later—" the head of the Troupe was cut of immediately by the girl's, "I see." And with that the little girl suddenly disappeared like a gust of wind, without a trace.

"That girl is so rude!" Phinks exclaimed.

"Her aura sure is on another level at a young age." Shizuku stated as the others silently agreed.

"Flowers?..." Machi signaled the others to look at the coffin, only to find it filled with a specific flower that came along with her scent, the others seemed to have guessed her identity already as the others did too as soon as their leader spoke the words—

"SPIDER LILY"