Act I • Chapter 8

"While you're alive, you need a reason for your existence. Being unable to find one is the same as being dead"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Applicant #301 is the second to pass. Applicant #406 is the third to pass"

the two of them stood out of the door of their battle chambers- it was barely even a battle for the two.

looking around they found the first person to pass, Hisoka, with his usual grin plastered on his face.

Shine sat on the ground and leaned her back against the wall right beside the door, Gittarackur sat on the other side and waited for the other examinees.

'I wonder if Gon will pass...'

X . X . X

Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Leorio and Tonpa were to spend inside a room for 50 hours due to Leorio gambling the hours earlier.

The room consisted of two couches, a table, a bookshelf filled with a wide variety of books, a fridge and a bathroom.

The five of them did their own thing whereas Gon and Killua were teaching each other their skateboard and fishing skills causing them to unintentionally disturbed the other three due to the small size of the room.

"Gon! Killua! Stop running around!!" Leorio scolded the youngsters.

Gon sighed and muttered an apology while Killua scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"I hate getting into trouble." Mumbled Gon dejectedly as the two of them sat on a corner in the room.

"Ne Gon, I want to ask you something" killua spoke.

"Sure, what is it??" Gon tilted his head.

"Shine... what do you know about her?" Killua sternly looked at Gon as Gon furrowed his brows in thinking.

Killua has been trained to be an assassin since the day he was born. And so he knows when someone is a fellow assassin as well through body language. Like walking for example, an assassin's pace should be swift but silent.

The day before they have to face the 3rd phase— which was in the Hunter's Airship — when he and Gon were sky viewing by the hallway's window. Killua didn't even notice her coming close to them or maybe just passing by them by the looks of it, but the point is that He only knew of Shine's presence when Gon called out to her.

This was the first time he had felt overwhelmed— intimidated by someone's power with the exception of his family of course.

"Hmm, She's a girl...?" Gon answered in uncertainty. "Ah! She's our age!"

"No! That's not it!" Killua deadpanned

"Then what do you mean??"

Killua sighed. "What i mean is, what do you know about her background like; where she came from or her surname."

Gon thought about it for a moment and when he came into a realization that he knew nothing about her, he felt bad.

Shine is his first friend, yet he didn't know anything about her. He only knew that she was somehow staying in the woods that day She and him met, and that she's strong.

Gon answered his friend with a heavy heart. " I actually don't...know."

Killua looked at his friend, seeing a hurt expression on Gon's face made his heart clench. He didn't know what this feeling was and decided to shrug it off as continued to ask questions about the girl.