Act I • Chapter 15

It has been days, almost a week, since Shine and Illumi had gotten their hunter's license. Throughout those days, the two had spent their time leisurely on the aircraft that was headed towards Kukuroo mountain.

Now, you might be wondering— "Why did you come along with me back home, Lily?" Illumi voiced out the question that's been bugging him the moment she'd wordlessly followed him to the airport. "Albeit I'm not that surprised since you always tagged along whenever I went home, before you went missing that is."

Shine munched on a strawberry flavored macaroon. "My earnings." She chewed on the snack as her companion put a hand under his chin and, as usual, uttered his running thoughts. "Oh that seems to be right. I almost forgot that my family is the one who manages your commissions and all. Though, It has been years after all."

She responded with a nod and continued chewing on her treat. As she did so, Illumi stared at her, the gesture was all that she needed in order to understand what he wants. "A coffin." Shine took a sip of a dark coffee to wash her sugary mouth. "My father cornered me into a coffin. Immobilizing me in the process, hence why it took so long for me to get out." She said, neither anger or frustration were present.

The man remained blank as he asked, "You're saying that you've been conscious the whole time you were trapped? Without human resources?"

"Precisely. I'm befuddled on how I survived as well." She replied, albeit half truthfully. She already knew of her condition, where she was able to live healthily without intaking food or water daily. But that is the end of her knowledge about that. How it was possible so, she was unsure.

Illumi nodded slowly, "So that's how it is.. For three years..." he tilted his head then. "How were you able to get out then?" As if only remembering the people that freed her, she blinked twice and said, "An organization of some sort may have accidentally come across my village, found the case, and curious, they unsealed the coffin."

"I see.." Both gazes went to the sky view of the aircraft. "I just don't understand. What kind of sorcery could have made a skillful assassin such as yourself paralyzed." Illumi thought out loud. And seeing as their was no response from the girl, he presumed that she herself has no answers. "No matter. You're here now and that's enough. My family has been looking for you since, they misses you so. Mother is especially longing to see you again."

Shine responded with a nod before they finally heard the pilot on speakers inform them of their arrival. Nothing eventful happened as they rode a bus from the airport of Republic of Padokea, to Kukuroo mountain. The both of them got off the bus that are used for tourists to roundabout the outside property of the Zoldyck's. Illumi bothered not calling a private service since it was not much needed.

Vermillion orbs flashed with nostalgia. Shine felt less tensed at the familiar view she grew up in with.

"Welcome home, Illumi-sama." Zebro, the gatekeeper, greeted the raven haired Zoldyck. Completely oblivious to the companion present with him. Illumi did nothing other than a side-glance to the old man, which was the normal, and only then did Zebro noticed a fluff of white entering his view as Illumi started walking towards the testing gate. The gatekeeper let out a gasp of pleasant surprise at the sight. "Lily-sama?! I-Is that really you..?"

Said girl turned to the old man with the usual nonchalant face ever. "Zebro." At the sound of her toneless voice, the old man almost wanted to tear up. "It is you, Lily-sama..! It's been so long sinc—"

"Lily." Zebro's concerns was cut off by his young master's demanding tone. At the realization, Zebro thinned his lips and held back the words he wished to say to the missing girl.