two

Lorelei walked with her parents into King's Cross station, the three heads of blonde hair almost getting lost, had they not been the Grey family. Most students knew who Lorelei was, and with her parents behind her, they all moved out of her way. She wasn't wearing her Slytherin robes yet, she would change on the train, so she was wearing a dark green plaid skirt with a long-sleeve black turtleneck and her favorite pair of combat boots. Her long platinum hair was curled and she looked powerful.

The Grey family house-elf was pushing Lorelei's trolley that held the carrier for her cat, a tabby she named Emerald in her First Year at Hogwarts. Just before Nellas (the house elf) left the trolley with the others, Lorelei went and thanked the elf and then turned to coo at her cat. Nellas sputtered some nonsense about "it's only Nellas' job Mistress" before running to stand behind Regina. Lorelei pet Emerald and then turned to wave to her parents.

To Lorelei's surprise, both her parents hugged her. She was confused because she only ever got hugs from Pansy, and that was only on very special occasions because both girls were uncomfortable with it. Lorelei hugged her mother first, becoming even more surprised when her father gave her a long, bone-crushing hug. After he pulled away, he placed his hands on her shoulders and Regina put her hand on Derek's.

"We love you dearly, you know," Derek spoke, startling Lorelei further. "Your mother and I will be away for a while, you'll be spending Christmas with Draco, or at Hogwarts if you so choose. We're not sure if we'll be back before summer vacation, so you might be having an extended stay at Malfoy Manor." Her father paused, letting Regina take over.

"Have a good year, my love. And remember to stay close to your family, and stay away from others." She paused, adding emphasis on the word, then looking behind her daughter towards Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley. Lorelei turned to see who she was insinuating. "Leave it, Lorelei. Just stay with your Housemates and don't get into trouble. We love you, Lorelei Elizabeth. Don't forget that." And with Regina's form of goodbye, Derek nodded and the two blondes left Lorelei in confusion by the Hogwarts Express.

She stood in a frozen state in front of one of the doors to a train carriage and only snapped out of it when Ron Weasley spoke.

"Move, Grey. People need to get on the train in order to make it to the school." He said it in a harsh tone.

Lorelei blinked, turning her eyes up at the now taller than her Weasley boy. His expression softens slightly when he saw her cloudy green eyes but then hardened again.

"Excuse me!" He was clearly annoyed.

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry Ronald. Pardon me." She muttered, still looking up at the boy, before turning and boarding the train. She heard Ron scoff from behind her.

"Whatever, Grey."

~~Time Skip~~

Lorelei was still in an off-mood during the train ride, and Draco looking pissed off wasn't helping either.

"Lorelei!" Pansy shook her friend's shoulder, causing the blonde girl to look at her.

"Oh, sorry. What?" Pansy let out a frustrated sigh.

"I've said your name like thirteen times! I was asking you what classes you want to take this term."

"I was thinking-" Lorelei was cut off by Blaise and Theo having a wrestling match. They were laughing, clearly just playing, so the two girls laughed at their friends. Blaise knocked Theo into Pansy, who started yelling at Blaise, and soon everyone was laughing, except for Draco. Blaise decided he had enough of Pansy's yelling, picking her up over his shoulder and walking around as she screeched.