please open your eyes

"You did it, Hope.", said Josie, looking at Hope proudly. Hope Mikaelson had just defeated malivore, and they were watching as it slowly returned to the earth. Hope could barely hear the brunette, all she could hear was her beating heart and the blood rushing through her body. She could feel only the hunger, she could taste only the blood she had only a few hours before. She couldn't focus, she couldn't be relieved, she couldn't breathe.

"Hope? Are you okay?" Josie's voice sounded more distant now, almost like she was falling and Josie was calling out to her from above.

Which, technically, she was. Hope fell to the ground, sending Josie into a deep panic. "Hope!" She said, rushing to the tribrid's side. Hope managed to smile weakly at the girl who was becoming blurry, "We did it, Josette." Josie looked at the girl on the ground with confusion, before remembering what she said moments before. As she looked into Hope's eyes she realized what she called her. The brunette hadn't heard Hope call her Josette since they were children, since before the note incident, and it caused a flurry of butterflies to erupt in her stomach. They quickly disappeared when she noticed Hope closing her eyes, the fear she felt in this moment was stronger than any emotion she'd ever experienced. She shook Hope, yelled at her, trying to get her to stay awake. But to her disappointment, Hope just sunk deeper into her subconscious.

Tears pooled in her eyes as she begged Hope to wake up, as she begged her to come back. She called for her sister, for her father, for her mom, she even called for the useless bird Hope called a boyfriend. Nobody came, at least not for a few hours. Josie was too afraid to leave Hope's side, in fear that Hope would awaken all alone. So she stayed, for what felt like an eternity. Josie's eyes stung from dryness, and her breathing was irregular from all of the crying. Hope still hadn't woke, and Josie wasn't sure why.

"Josie? Hope? What the hell happened?" Said her sister, rushing to the other side of the unconscious Hope. Josie explained what happened with malivore and what happened after, Lizzie constantly checking Hope's pulse throughout Josie's story.

"I don't know what happened, Lizzie. She just, collapsed and she hasn't woken up since. What do we do?" Josie said, her voice cracking as the tears began to flow again.

"I'll siphon her and astral project to dad, he's probably close by now," Lizzie said, not quite believing herself. She hadn't heard from her father in hours, despite leaving him with an unnecessary amount of voicemails. Josie nodded, hesitant to let her twin siphon from the girl who laid in her lap, but desperate to get help.

Josie heard Lizzie counting down as she always did before astral projecting, but didn't remove her eyes from Hope's face. She looked beautiful, and normally Josie would've jumped at the opportunity to have the pretty tribrid in her lap, but all she could think of was whether or not she would wake up. "Please, Hope. Open your eyes, look at me. Please," she whispered, pleading with the unconscious girl. Not even sure if  could hear her.

Lizzie opened her eyes, an odd look forming on her face, not that Josie noticed. "He said he doesn't know." She said blankly.

"Doesn't know what? When she's going to wake up?"

"No, Jo. If she's going to wake up. He doesn't know if she'll wake up, she's the first and only of her kind, so there's no way to know."

Josie felt her heart shatter, if? If she woke up?, she thought. "No, Lizzie. He doesn't know when she's going to wake up. She's going to wake up, I know she is. She's a Mikaelson, they're the cockroaches of the supernatural. She'll wake up." She said, trying to convince herself more so than Lizzie.

Lizzie looked at her sister and for the second time in her life, she realized Josie was in love with Hope. She watched as her eyes stayed trained on Hope, how her hands caressed her cheek ever so gently. Her heart ached for her sister, and filled with fear with what would happen if Hope didn't wake up. Lizzie watched as her sister began to hum a song to the girl, her eyes never leaving her face.

"I hate the way you make me feel, oh I wish it were real and I, hope one day you'll see yourself how I see you now," Josie sang. It was a song she wrote for the tribrid a few years before, but she'd never got the chance to share it. Hope was always asking to see the songs she was writing, begging her to sing just one. Josie had told herself it was only because Hope liked hearing original music, especially from a friend. But the truth was, Hope loved the sound of Josie's voice. She could listen to it every day and never grow tired of it. But her favorite part about listening to the siphon witch's songs, were analyzing them to figure out who they were about. "That you're the better part of me, I hate that I want you to want me," Josie finished.

Josie and Lizzie spent another few hours waiting for the girl to awaken. Occasionally singing small songs and talking about what things would be like now that malivore's gone, but mainly sitting in silence as they waited to hear Hope's voice.

Josie was struggling to stay awake, her eyes fighting to stay open. Lizzie had already fallen asleep, leaning against the wall behind her. Their father still hadn't arrived, and Josie wasn't sure he would anymore. He had always been afraid of who Hope would become once she activated her vampire side. He'd always believed she'd grow to become evil, like he believed her father to be. But Josie knew better, she knew Hope's heart. She knew she'd be the same girl she fell in love with.

Josie's body had finally given into the fatigue, her thoughts slowing as she began to drift into sleep, when she heard a noise. A voice, more accurately. She tried to ignore it, assuming it was a part of her exhaustion. But once she felt a tightened grip on her hand, she knew it was real. She knew it was Hope.

A/N
hi!! please feel free to leave constructive criticism, ideas on what i should do/what you think i'm doing with this story, and whether or not you like it :) i hope you enjoyed!!!