3

Waking up abruptly Evelyn had drifted off to sleep somewhere in the night, waking up on her side curled up in a small ball. Sitting up she looked around the room to find that Silver was nowhere to be seen. Looking out the window it was dark but a pink, orange light shined over the horizon. Her arm, where the man from the night before held her, was bruised along with the rest of her body. Walking around the cabin once more, she could see it properly, but it was the same. Her whole life Evelyn wanted to be on a ship, sail the seas and see new worlds. Her father never allowed her to go near the pier let alone on a ship and now she was on a ship, but not willingly. She also though what it would be like to have had her own ship and own crew. But for the moment, she was stuck on someone else's ship, surrounded by someone else's crew and they were all pirates.

A grumbling sound brought her back from her thoughts. She was hungry but she didn't know if they were going to feed her. The outside got brighter, and the sunlight seeped in, not sure what to do Evelyn kept to her corner near die bookshelf. Frightened by the door unlocking fear quickly came to her and she jumped up from her position. However, it was not Silver who entered but the one from before, closing the door behind him, carrying a dress in his right hand. He sat the dress on the table and spoke sternly, "Get dressed! Or otherwise ye'll have to walk around a ship full of hungry pirates, lass." Frowning at his words, the memory of her nightgown flowed back which made her direct her attention to the dress. It was red with lacing and short sleeves and if she had to guest it sat between her ankle and knees. Slightly confused as to way they were giving her a new dress and slightly more friendly she had to ask, she just had to find her courage. "Why have you... pirates kidnapped me? What are you planning to do with me?" Taken aback by her question the pirate spoke with a harsh tone, frightening her. "Ask the Captain!" Storming out of the cabin it was Evelyn's turn to be taken aback. Ignoring the pirate Evelyn faced her attention to the dress and decided to slip it on, throwing the ripped nightgown in the corner of the room. The dress fit her perfectly, but it had one problem – her collar bone was exposed and honestly, she didn't want Silver to look at her like he did again. She was short compared to him, she came just... below... his chin? It was the same man she had danced with at the ball. How could she have missed it? The same stranger that looked into her eyes with no hidden meaning had hidden agendas. She felt like an idiot, she should have said no, however, it won't change anything at that time.

Shaking it from her mind, although it did not want to go away, she walked to the table and looked at the large variety maps and papers. As a princess she had to know what lands were best for trading and which were her enemies. It never made sense to her way people fought over land they could share. It was a mystery she would never know and one that only humans did. Glancing at the world map that had been held down by books, a compass and other metallic object. There was also a globe on the table, but the words were illegible, perhaps it was another language. The door opened and the pirate had returned, scaring her. That time he had a bowl and a spoon with him. "Eat up!" He pushed the bowl into her chest. It was stew, well it looked like it, raising her brow at him, "Why?" She asked timidly, leaning closer to her level – as he was much taller than Silver – he spoke with a stern Irish tone. "Because if ye don't eat, ye ain't getting any in the future!" Swallowing thickly, he left once more with Evelyn fearing for her future. Glancing at the "food" with slight disgust it smelled horrible, but she had no other option. She was hungry and she couldn't walk up to the chef and ask him to make something better. Putting away her pride, she took the spoon and hoped it would not kill her. Taking the bite, it was not something she was expecting, it was delicious, which in turn made her finish it. When the door opened for the final time, the pirate asked annoyed if she was done. "Ye done?" Nodding at him she gave him the bowl. "Thank you." She whispered and he turned his head slightly. "Don't be soft, ye won't last long if ye are." Furrowing her brows at his words, he huffed lightly and opened the door to leave – with a cool breeze sneaking through the door which was refreshing – but someone else came in.