6

Waking up to the sound of calm waves and men shouting and rushing. Evelyn still had Silver's coat on her shoulders which had kept her warm through the night. Examining the injuries the white cloth had stained to a degree but if felt much better than it did. Noticing clothes on the table Evelyn walked closer to see a skirt, shirt and corset. Assuming it was for her Evelyn removed the old dress and slipped on the new outfit. The skirt was a dark blue with white-lase under dress – just above her knees, a white long sleeve – yet comfortably thin - shirt with V shape collar that had strings to tighten it to her shape. The corset was a dark brown leather with black strings at the front, sharpening her feminine form. It reminded her of what the men wore on the ship but was made for a woman's attire. she was also given boots that were slightly too big, but she quickly came up with a solution. Using pieces of the old dress to stuff at the ends, making the shoe smaller, which then sat her perfectly. Hanging Silvers coat on her arm she made her way outside.

The men were hard at work fixing the broken deck and sail yard as she walked out. Henry was the first to see her which made him smile with bright somewhat white teeth. "Lads! The Princess of The Storm is awake!" Everyone turned to look at her and their gloomy faces turned to a brighter expression. Cheering and clapping Evelyn was confused as they called out 'Well done' and 'Thank ye'. Making her way to Hawkins, who stood near the end of the deck, she just needed to know what was happening. "What's going on? And what did Henry call me?" "They are all proud of ye, lass." He announced, Evelyn furrowed her brows frowned. About to answer my second question Henry blurted out all chirpy, "Princess of The Storm! Ye were brave the entire storm through, miss! Ye saved us! If not we'd all be at the bottom of the ocean, taking a trip to Davy Jones Locker." Smiling at him she was flabbergasted; she had no idea she helped that much. "I didn't do much." "No-" A voice called from the back, and everyone moved to the side as it was Nickalos who moved through them. "No, ye played an important role yesterday. Ye became part of us. Thank you, love." Turning a light pink Evelyn was flattered and shock. "And tonight, we celebrate!" Silver announced to everyone, and they cheered just as loudly. "But for now, get back to work!" Silver ordered and everyone obeyed, back fixing Lady Death. In awe of what happened Silver stepped closer until he was right in front of her. "I'm sorry..." Tilting her head at him which made him continue, "You did save us and I..." She could see he was struggling and decided to change the subject. "I believe this is yours." Giving him his leather coat he smirked and took it, "Thank ye, Princess of The Storm."

Evelyn had stayed in the cabin most of the day as her injuries constricted her from doing a lot. She sat on the bed reading a book and had no idea what time it was. But as it got darker, she heard music – a flute, violin, guitar and accordion – it was a beautiful sound. She also heard men laugh, talk and dance as light seeped inside. The door suddenly burst open, and Henry came in with a bottle of red- brownish liquid, unable to contain his excitement. "Ye have to come and celebrate with us, miss!" Laughing at him he noticed the book in her hand. "There's no time for that." Throwing the book to the other side of the room Evelyn shook her head, smiling. "All right I will join you." Taking her hand, he pulled Evelyn to the top deck where everyone drank, sang and celebrated. Shocked to see Hawkins playing the violin, she did not know he could, while three other men played the rest. Greeting him he smiled at Evelyn, glad to see she had a smile on her lips. Following Henry, he led her to an open area where the "dance floor" sat and the crew having a ball. Placing his bottle on a barrel he did not let go of her hand. "Would ye do me the honor of dancing with me, miss?" Still smiling at him she answered him with a slight bow, "I would love to dance with you." Pulling her closer and off they went, dancing along with the music.

Dancing with almost the entire crew they were much better dancers than men she had danced with in the past. Thinking about how much fun she was having she had never experienced such joy when she was a princess. It was strange, that ship was supposed to be a terrible place but there she was, having fun, feeling safe - and free. Taking a seat near Hawkins and the band her feet began to hurt from all the dancing. Lady Death looked livelier that night then it ever had before. Interrupted by Hawkins handing her a metal cup and pouring in some dark brown liquid Evelyn frowned slightly. "Drink up, lass!" Unsure she raised a brow at him. "It's alright!" He reassured her and she took a sip, however, once it was in her mouth it burned her throat. She didn't want to spit it out, so she swallowed. "Thanks, Hawkins!" Coughing slightly, she gave the cup back to him and he released a thunderous laugh, leaving her throat dryer as before. After Evelyn caught her breath from the fire in her throat Henry returned to dance once more and Evelyn was unable to protest. Henry was so drunk he could barely stand up right or look straight, suggesting he should sit down. "Henry, maybe you should-" Not done talking Henry looked at her with a slight smile before falling to the planks, fast asleep. She tried to catch him but was too late, "Oops." She whispered to herself.