Prologue

“You are to marry the second-born son of King Stephan of Spain in two months,” Mother said.
    “WHAT?!” I screamed at her.
    “You heard your mother, now quit yelling!” Father commanded.
    I huff and glare at my parents. Why would they do this to me?! I think angrily.
    “He will be here to meet you at the next Grande Ball,” Mother told me.
    “WHAT?! The next Grande Ball is only two days away!!” My voice rises in panic with each word.
    “Then you better prepare yourself for his arrival,” Mother warned me.
    I give them one last icy glare and rush out of the throne room and to my rooms. Do I really want to marry this stranger?!

}~~~Meanwhile in America~~~{

    “You will go to England for that fully paid scholarship!!!” My mother yelled at me.
    “But it’s too far from home! I- I don’t know how I’ll survive there without my friends and family!” I whined.
    “Elliot York, you are 23 f*cking years old! Get your suitcase packed and get ready to board that f*cking plane!” My father cursed at me.
    I’ve heard dad cuss before, but I have never heard him cuss like that. I nod and quickly go pack my things in my suitcase and haul them downstairs.
    “That’s all you’re taking?” Mother shouted, “You’re gonna be there for four years, and you’re only taking one suitcase?”
    “I only have one suitcase!” I remind them, “And I can always buy more British clothes while I’m there!”
    Father storms off to their bedroom and I hear lots of banging and frustrated yells before he comes back out, with two more suitcases.
    “Here use these,” Father handed them to me.
    “Fine!” I retort and take them to my room to be filled with clothes.
    I dump the rest of my clothes in one suitcase and put a few personal items in the last one. I carry them downstairs to see my parents in a deep conversation. I huff and they turn back to me.
    “You ready boy?” Father asks.
    “Mentally, Emotionally, or Physically?” I responded.
    “Um, all?” Mother say, confused.
    “Mentally: No. Emotionally: No. Physically: Yes,” I tell them.
    “I heard a yes, so let’s get going,” Father said, hauling my suitcases out to the truck.
    “Did you even hear the two no's before it?” I call as I race after him.