chapter 10.

a/n: update because MINGI'S BACK AHHHHHHH

"you know, the weirdest thing happened today." mingi started as he places his tray down, causing everyone to pay attention to him. "kim hongjoong talked to me."

as he blurted those words out, the table had different reactions. his boyfriend choking on his drink, minjee becoming more invested, san nodding, and jongho- well, being jongho.

sooyoung mentally curses, a bit ticked off by hongjoong's games. "what did he say?"

"did he hurt you?" yunho, after decreasing his coughs, frantically asked.

the male with deep voice shook his head, telling him not to worry. "he asked if he could borrow a pen, actually returned it, and said thanks."

the group blinked. sooyoung didn't think of it as a big deal until she felt their vibe.

"do you think the end is coming?" minjee questioned blankly.

"he never paid attention to us." yunho sulked. "why now?"

the transferee felt the need to know why they felt so against making any sort of contact with her other friend. "is he that bad?"

"are you kidding me? he's the scariest." the tallest exclaimed. "jongho, can't you do something about it? tell him not to bother mingi."

"he wasn't bothering mingi." the youngest remarked. "as said, he was simply borrowing a pen."

"yeah, maybe he just didn't bring his or something." sooyoung makes light of the story, taking another bite of her food.

yunho sighs. "soo, kim hongjoong never borrows anything. he just takes it."

as the group resumed debating whether they were in danger or not, they fail to notice another bunch of people staring at them distastefully.

"so, what's the plan, joonsoo?" one of his buddies asked.

the boy leaned back. "it's better to get on her good side. since she seems to have a thing going on with hongjoong, we can use her. we can drop her when that maniac get tired of her."

his underlings nodded in agreement as if their leader was making sense.

with that, joonsoo stood up as he strode towards his target. "fresh- im sooyoung."

the foul voice made sooyoung tighten her eyelids and turn her head. "what now?"

the girl could see minjee gulp, shifting in her seat.

"no need to be so unwelcoming." joonsoo chuckled darkly. "we're just here to save your social life."

this made her friends either glare at the newly arrived male or look down.

the girl was already pissed enough by his presence, even more now that he was insulting her friends.

"are you guys mad by the truth?" scoffed joonsoo when he saw their agitated looks. "im, you could do so much better than this. three homos, and two outcasts? come on."

the girl mentioned was already looking for something to throw at him.

"i'll give you one more chance, so no need to be so uptight." the bully wickedly grinned.

that's when sooyoung stood up with a smile on her face. "really?"

minjee, san, and yunho were especially heartbroken when they saw how she was ready to take his offer, but they couldn't really complain.

"yeah, girl."

sooyoung's smile only widened. "sorry, guys." she proceeded to get closer to joonsoo and gently grab a hold of his tie. "i've been waiting so long for this."