Secrets and Lies - Chapter 1

Okay, so before you start hating on me, I did not steal the plot or anything from Not4real's "Matchstick". I already asked her about it, and she said its fine. So keep the hating down to a minimum, mmkay? Thanks(:

Edited by Kathleen a.k.a iSeeStar. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------

Name? Alanna Jackson.

Age? 17 years old.

Targets? Aiden Smith, Austin Blake, Jayden Jones, Adam Jones, and Michael Harris.

Mission? Kill them.

~~0~~

It was the last day of school. I remember my best friend Brooke talking animately about how great this summer was gonna be. I couldn't agree more.

We went over to my house and hung about for a while 'till Brooke got a call about going to a part, which was a few blocks away from my house.

She had begged me to go with her, and so I thought, "Oh hell, why not? It'd be a great way to start out the summer. What's the worst that can happen?"

I should've dwelled on that thought for a bit longer.

We decided to walk to the party since my mom wasn't feeling well and I didn't want to bother her and my dad was still at work. Anyway, the party was only a few blocks a way, so I thought "What harm can it do?"

I was so stupid.

I didn't think about what could happen, I didn't think about any dangers, I didn't think about being safe. All I thought about was going out and having fun.

I regret it.

We started walking towards the house to where the party was. We were talking and joking around as we walked by an alley.

Suddenly Brooke skidded to a stop, almost falling. She turned towards me, her face was filled with fear, anger, and shock. I was about to ask her what was wrong but before I could, she placed a hand over my mouth and placed a finger to her lips, meaning "Be quiet."

I nodded slowly, wondering what she was doing and what was going on. She raised a finger and pointed to the alley, mouthing "look."

At first when I looked over there I didn't see anything. Then I squinted my eyes a little then, what I saw made me gasp. I could feel my face twisting into a look of horror.

There were five guys standing there. I could faintly see one of them holding a bat. I could see the outlines of a girl lying on the floor.

Brooke, being Brooke, didn't just stand around to watch her get beaten and hurt. She threw off her heels while ripping the bottom half of her dress 'till it reached right above her knees, cracked her knuckles, and ran off towards the guys while yelling "Hey, what the hell do you think you're doing?!"

Brooke had a biggest heart ever. She loved everyone, even if they hated her. She stood up for everyone. And even though I loved her for that, I also wanted to kill her for that.

I sighed, then ran after her. She was my best friend. If she's going in there, then so was I.

That was the night I was raped.

They told us that if we weren't quiet and didn't hold still, they'd kill us, slowly and painfully. I was already quiet, frozen in shock. But Brooke...Brooke wasn't going to take shit or orders from them.

She yelled. Screamed. Thrashed. Spit at them. Stomped on them. Kicked them. She put up one heck of a fight. But it was one against five. There was no way she would win. She didn't stand a chance.