Secrets and Lies - Chapter 2

Yay, I updated! Big surprise for me that im actually willing and forcing myself to finish(:

Anyways this chapter is pretty shitty :p

After three weeks of being in a hospital, I was finally released.

A few days after I had woken up, I realized my parents hadn't come to visit me. They hadn't bothered to call or check in on me to see if I was okay and alive.

I saw Megan a few times in the hall. But we never got talk much. But she handed me her number and we would spend most of the time in our hospital rooms texting each other.

Kaden and Claire, Kadens mom, would stay with me everyday until visiting hours were over. Claire was actually pretty nice and a fun person to talk to, when she wasn't hysterical.

Over the few weeks, Kaden and I got pretty close. He would hardly talk, but he was constantly fussing over me and making sure I was okay each time I made a face when I was uncomfortable. He would come by everyday after school and stay with me, even if it was after visiting hours. He would only leave once he was caught. But most of the time he would spend the night in the hospital next to me.

Claire signed my release form and drove me home. Once we reached my house, she reached for my hand and gave it a squeeze. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to call. You have mine and Kadens number. I don't care when or what time it is. Okay?"

I nodded and gave her a small hug and winced. My injuries were still not healed. Some of my ribs were broken, a muscle had torn in my leg, one of my bones in my hand was dislocated and there were stitches on my legs and arms.

I leaned on my crutch for support and limped into my house while waving to Claire as she drove off.

I opened the front door and stepped inside. My dad was sitting on the couch watching TV while my mom was doing something in the kitchen.

"Hey mom, dad." I said.

They did say a word. They didn't even look at me.

"Mom? Dad?" I looked at them confused.

Mom finally turned to me after a few moments with a look. That one look she always gave me when I did something she wasn't fond of.

"What?" I sighed. "What have I done this time?"

The house was deadly quiet. My ears had been straining to find some noise.

After a few minutes of staring, I have had enough. "Oh my God. You're seriously just gonna ignore me? That's how you wanna be? What the fuck have I done to disappoint you now, my dearest mother?" I threw in sarcastically.

My dad threw down his remote and stood up angrily. "How can you be so stupid to ask a question like that?"

I glared at him. "I'm asking you cause I dont know what the fuck I did! I come home from the hospital after three bloody weeks and you hadn't bothered to check in on me, especially after the fact that your daughter was just fuckin rap-"

My mom cut in. "Don't you dare continue that sentence. I don't want to hear it."

"You disgust me." My dad spat at me. "I get a call at work three weeks ago from the hospital and I was told that you were fucking raped while walking to a party."

I opened my mouth to say some snarky remark but he spoke before I got the chance.

"Do you know how embarrassing that is? It made such an impact to my reputation. I'm now known as the man who's daughter was raped cause she was walking outside dressed as some whore."

I threw my duffel bag at him. "Hell, it's not like I could've stopped those guys! There was five of them! There was nothing we could've done! We didn't stand a fucking chance! I'm sorry that I couldn't stop those guys from raping me and killing my best friend!"

"You're such a whore!" he threw the remote across the room and it smashed to pieces. "If you and your stupid friend hadn't been dressed like such a slut that night, then maybe this could've been prevented! Maybe if didn't act like such a slut, then they wouldve left you alone!"

"What is wrong with you?!" I screamed. "I'm your daughter, for crying out loud. Youre acting as if I just killed your mother in front of your eyes!"

"That's enough!" My mom yelled, then lowered her voice. Her face no longer held disappointment. It was a look of pure hatred and rage. She turned towards me and her eyes pierced into mine. "I'm ashamed to call you my daughter. I wish to no longer own you. I am disgusted with you. You let five guys touch me inappropriately and didnt even struggle. You are sick."

I glared at her and dad. "Fuck you."

I limped to my room and slammed the door as loud as I could. A few tears escaped from my eyes and I brushed them away furiously. Grabbing a different and much larger duffle bag, I started packing all my clothes and belongings while loudly cursing my parents.

After I had packed as much as I could, I threw the bag over my shoulder and walked towards the front door.

"And where do you think you're going?" my dad asked, angrily.

"You wanna disown me? Fucking fine, I'm outta here." I shot him a glare.

"No you're not! First you go and get raped on a way to a party, and now you're going to run away? Do you know how much that would effect me? I already look bad enough with a raped daughter!" He shouted.

"Sucks for you then. Have a great fucking life." And with that, I threw the house keys at him and walked out.

"ALANNA! You get back in here right now!" my mom yelled.

I ignored them and continued walking.

"Fine then! Get lost, you filthy piece of shit! When you come running back home, begging for our forgiveness, we are going to leave you to die on the streets. We're not going to let you back in here with open arms!" My dad yelled.

I flipped him off without turning around. "Go rot in hell."

I walked until I reached a park and sat down when my leg was protesting from being used for too long.

I whipped out my cell phone and put it to my ear.

"Claire? Its me. I need your help."