Chapter 40: Hunting

The next day abby decided to stay inside. She wasn't in the mood to go hang out with ron and then again. Instead she hung out in carl's room reading on his bed. She wore one of his flannels with a tank top, leggings and fuzzy socks.

Her hair sat in a low ponytail with pieces of hair hanging out framing her face. Carl laid on the end is his head messing with a tennis ball. Willow was hanging out with carol today so abby had a full day of just her time.

"What do you wanna do today?" Carl asked her making her look up from her book.

"Not sure, I would love to go outside but deanna probably wouldn't let us." Abby say followed by a sigh.

"Why don't you asked? Maybe you can go hunting? Bring back a deer or a couple rabbits." Carl says as she puts down her book. Maggie was working with deanna so she could easily go ask.

"Fine." She says standing up.

"Do you wanna come with? I can teach you how to track some more." Abby says grabbing her bag.

"I'll probably go hang with ron or something." Carl says as she starts to take stuff out of her bag to make room. Carl's eyes fell on a tied up pile of pictures. He smiled and grabbed them.

"You still have all of these?" He asked as he starts to look at them.

"Yeah, I grabbed them before we left the prison." Abby says as carl stops at a picture of the two of them. They were making funny faces outside the prison. They both had on winter clothes making carl remember.

"Glenn took this picture." Carl says holding it up. Abby smiled and grabbed the picture.

"Yeah, we were headed back from fence duty. It was when he first found the camera." Abby says looking at it. They looked so different compared to now.

"Yeah and beth got blood all over her new shirt she just got." Carl says making the two laugh.

"Yeah, she went running inside after hoping carol could fix it." Abby says with a smile handing carl the picture back.

Carl just smiled and continued to look through pictures. Once abby was done she slips on her boots and swung her bag over her shoulder.

"Be careful." Carl says grabbing her hands.

"I will." Abby says with a smile before bending down and giving carl a kiss.

Carl gladly kissed back before abby pulled away. She smiled before walking out the room. The walk to deannas wasn't long. Once abby got there she opened the door to see her and maggie sitting at a table. "

Hey abby!" Deanna says standing up.

"What can I do for you?" She asked as abby walked closer to them.

"I was wondering if I could go hunt. Maybe bring back a deer for everyone." She says with a smile hoping she'd say yes. Deanna turned and looked at maggie who was smiling at abby.

"Maggie." She says letting maggie make the decision.

"Be back before sunset. Don't wonder too far." Maggie says as abbys face lit up.

"Ok! Thank you!" She says before running out and heading to the weapons locker. Olivia was there counting all their food.

"Going out?" She asked abby putting down her clip board.

"Yeah." Abby says with a smile.

Olivia walks over and unlocks the door for her. Abby then walks in and grabs all her weapons. Her knifes were in her bag so all she needed was her bow and arrows, her machete, and her hand gun. She grabbed some extra ammo just in case before hooking everything to her bag.