Chapter 9 - The First Encounter

Francis's POV

Unlike any other day, today was exceptionally shittier than usual.

Cause other than getting picked on by some asshat bullies, I had another run-in with Maxwell and his possy

And I still have my bruised back to prove it.

Closing the front door to my house, I wasn't surprised when I was greeted with total silence. Which only meant that my dear older sister wasn't home yet as well as our parents.

No surprise there.

I wouldn't be surprises if they went into one of their business trips without telling us. Wouldn't be the first time.

I went straight for my room before dropping my bag om the floor and plopping unto my bed. Letting out a long sigh as I ignored my aching body.

My mind went back to my run-in with Maxwell a while ago. Kate was also there, but like always does, she didn't do anything but watch me get beat.

"She'll never care." I thought, Clenching the sheets of my bed. "Not that I'll care anymore."

I got myself up as I felt a bit hungry all of a sudden.

Heading for the kitchen, I quickly opened our fridge to see it fully packed with food. But I was actually looking for something specific.

"There you are." I said to myself before taking out some raw sausages.

I was never one to really eat meat but I don't know. I just felt like cooking up some for my dinner tonight.

My stomach grumbled as the smell of the slowly cooking meat's scent hit me.

It wasn't long till I was seated down at the table eating the sausages I cooked when the front door suddenly opened.

I didn't even have to turn and see who it was since to know it was Kate.

Normally, I'd try to start up a conversation with her but now I was just sick of this routine and just stayed silent as she entered the kitchen.

I just focused on eating my sausages. Groaning out in pleasure as its taste sent like satisfactory waves throughout my body.

If I knew that meat would be this delicious, I should eat some more often.

But then a hand suddenly took one out of my plate and I had to restrain myself from snapping out at her as a sudden rageful feeling started to grow within me.

As petty as it may seem, these were mine. She didn't have the damn right to just take one like we're buddies cause the last I checked, she hated my guts.

Losing my appetite, I took my plate and went towards the sink. But then, I suddenly felt a searing pain on my side which inevitably made me drop the plate that I had with a clang before I moved my hand instinctively to the place where it was hurting.

I kept myself from dropping to the floor as I slowly turned back so that I could lean on the sink.

But when I did, I saw Kate silently standing there with an emotionless look while she stared at me.

I met her gaze for a few seconds before sucking in a breath as I turned back to the broken plate in the sink.

Ignoring the pain that I felt, I threw the broken pieces away in the trash bin before walking out of the kitchen without another word.

Heading for my room, I felt my hands clenching as my anger slowly rose.

Cause honestly, when I looked into the emotionless face she gave me a while ago, I saw a very small, very tiny tinge of emotion linger in her eyes.