Chapter 47 - Silver Moon Masacre

Jayden's POV

Mason immediately went straight to plop down behind his desk with an exhausted look on his face as we entered his office.

"What happened??" I asked him after taking a seat in front of his desk along with Raph while Sebastian and his mate Anna took the vacant couch.

"Honestly, we have no idea." He frustratingly sighed out. "One moment we were just having a normal day like always, then next thing we knew was that rogues suddenly swarmed out of the woods. Catching us all by surprise."

"Don't you have around the clock patrols near the edges of your territory??" Raph pointed out which only made an indistinguishable expression form on the Alpha's face.

"We did." Telling us in a low, grim tone, he didn't need to continue for us to get what had happened to his pack's patrols.

"We.." He stopped before releasing a defeated sigh. "So many wolves, Jay. So many of our wolves died."

I didn't respond to what he had said and in turn just went to look towards my brother who also had a similar expression on his face as Mason's.

"Forty two of our ninety five warriors were killed. Forty two if we're not accounting the additional twenty eight civilian pack members that were also killed during the attack."

"That makes seventy all in all. That is if they don't find anymore of our dead." My brother Sebastian went to added after his mate Anna gave us the statistics.

And upon hearing it, let me tell you all that a very heavy feeling grew in my chest. But I pushed the feeling back. Now wanting any of them to notice even if it felt so heavy that I even found it a bit hard to breath when I thought of all the lives Silver Moon had lost today.

Mason was deathly silent. And that was understandable.

Being the Alpha, he possesses the main role of protecting his pack alongside Sebastian and Anna being as they're the Beta pair.

And now, having to suffer of knowing the amount of losses that they had today, would ultimately make them feel that they have failed.

They would feel that they have failed to uphold their promise of protecting their pack. And nobody else could feel as worse as the Silver Moon Alpha himself.

"I know that what I'm about to ask of you three is going to be hard." I spoke out. Catching their attention as they went to listen. "But for now, I need you all to push pass your grief for now and tell me how it all exactly played out."

"Mason." I then turned to him. "I won't pretend to know exactly how you feel right now cause, I really don't. And honestly, I can't fathom how I'd feel myself if I was in your shoes."

"But if I was, I'd want nothing more than to do what I have to and get the justice that my pack would deserve. To get those who are responsible and make them pay."

Soaking up what I had said, a determined look slowly took over Mason's features as well as Sebastian's and Anna's. And even though one could still notice that look of grief in their eyes, it doesn't change the fact that they were also looking for the justice that Silver Moon rightfully deserved.

"Well for starters, I for one think that what happened was very well thought out." Anna soon spoke up her opinion as the rest of us listened. "I took the liberty of finding out what happened to our patrol after the attack."

"And you found their bodies." And grimly as she did, Anna slowly nodded at her brother's statement.

"But it's actually where I found them that might tell us something." She then added which I could tell immediately caught our interest.