The Dress

Ok hi! I just wanna say thank you all for the comments! You guys are so funny and kind!

Sorry this update took longer than usual. I'm starting these Art classes and they're taking up a lot of time energy and stress.

So many days I just went home and fell asleep in less that an hour... (at like 7pm 😭)

Mari and Adrien are in the middle of their second to last classes of the day (they have different classes this period) when a loud crash causes the entire building to shake.

The principal announces that the school is to be evacuated and everyone should head downtown to get away from the danger.
As everyone else starts running away from the danger Marinette stands still as she tries to scan for a place to transform.

Out of the corner of his eye Adrien spots Marinette and she seems to be frozen in place.
Adrien runs to his princess and flings her over his shoulder.

"Ahh ADRIEN what are you doing?!" She flails her arms around trying to regain some level of control.

"Making sure you get to safety! What kind of prince would I be if I didn't save my princess?"
"No but!" She stops realizing she has no reasonable excuse for why she needs to go towards the danger.

Adrien sets her down in front of the bakery and kisses her forehead which makes her blush like crazy. "I'll be back soon my love, I just need to find my bodyguard so he knows I'm ok."

Adrien of course is lying but since that is actually what he's supposed to do according to his dad it sounds believable enough to marinette, besides she's too preoccupied by the akuma.

Blah blah they run off to transform and save the day yada yada. I don't really feel like writing a whole fight scene and honestly I doubt that's what you guys came here to read ;)

As Mari walks back to school after de-transforming in some alley way she can't help but wonder what's going on with her partner.
He seemed unusually off today. He didn't call her bugaboo, bugnette, M'lady, or any of the other nicknames he usually calls her. Instead he called her LB or Ladybug.

It isn't like he never calls her that but he's never not used a flirtatious nickname for her during their battles.

Come to think of it he's never not made some kind of flirtatious quip either but today he went cold turkey!

What's worse is that he ran off as soon as they defeated the akuma and fist-bumped. Today's battle was super easy. He didn't even have to use his cataclysm so he didn't even have to go yet.

Tikki is trying to convince Mari that nothing has changed for fear that the truth might bring her closer to discovering his identity.
Tikki: "Marinette I think it's all in your head. You shouldn't be sad over it."

Marinette scoffs, "I'm not upset Tikki, why would I be upset?"

Tikki eyes her dubiously.

M: "ok fine I'm upset!" Mari's shoulders slump "it's not just that i feel disappointed and guilty, I'm also worried. What if something bad caused him to change?"

Tikki looks confused: "you feel guilty? Why?"

M: "Because this is what I've been wanting since day one! He's finally taking their roles seriously instead of being a flirt."

M: "...but now I'm scared he's moved on. And what right do I have to be upset by that?! I've been rejecting him ever since we met and saying that I don't want him. But now that he's stopped I want him to want me. Shouldn't I be happy by the idea that he's moved on? That I'm not hurting him anymore? And it's not fair to Adrien that I'm having these confusing feelings about another guy. I'm a terrible partner, friend, and girlfriend."