Part Three

“Please tell me you’ll think about it.” He said and it resounded on her head every day. It was surreal, Calvin was in love with her, and she was loveable. She still has the chance to be happy.

Calvin never stopped pursuing her, they talked every night but never touched and she was happy. For the first time in her life, she was learning what love is all about.

Maybe she was in love with Calvin too.

No, she was indeed in love with him.

She learned many things about him, he was from a rich family but he was independent and he was actually a high school teacher. How in hell that he was drawn in her, she didn’t understand. She knew that he could get in trouble because of her but he said he didn’t care. If she wanted, he could stop working as a teacher and find other profession that would suit him.

He talked and smiled at her, she was being loved by a great person despite of the nature of her job.”Are you not disgusted with me?” She once asked him and he looked at her lovingly and said, “Never did I find you disgusting. You’re perfect.”

Her defences crumbled under her feet and she embraced the fact that she was capable of love.

She was in love.

She closed the door of their apartment and was welcomed by Louise’s vibrant smiling face. “Good morning, Lara.” She said and she smiled back at her little sister.

“Good morning too, you’re early, going out for school already?” She asked and Louise shook her head.

“No, someone told me she wants to talk to you…” She said and turned her head on the living room where Lizzie was standing.

“Lizzie?” Lara asked, dumbfounded, she knew that Lizzie wouldn’t want to talk to her.

“I’m sorry.” She said at once and it surprised Lara, and tears sprung into action and she wiped it hastily.

She missed Lizzie.

“For what? Silly girl…” She cried and Louise hugged her.

Lizzie walked towards her sister who was crying and hugged them, “I really am sorry, Lara… I shouldn’t have called you whore and dirty…” She whispered and Lara detached herself from them so she could look at them behind her tears.

“I understand why you said those to me. I am sorry too that you have to have a sister working in such a dirty job.” She sniffed and Lizzie smiled.

“You are the best sister, ever. You are much better than all the other sisters I know… you love us and I know that’s why you chose that job… but I hope you’ll stop working there now… please…” Lizzie said and she smiled at her.

Lara has been thinking about it, and she did have a plan to stop working once she could afford to send them to college but until then she has to continue.

Tonight, she wasn’t going to the bar to work, instead she was going to Calvin’s flat to have dinner, moreover, to tell him her resolve.

Once inside, Calvin’s perfume and own personal smell assaulted her nose and she breathed in. Calvin’s smell could soothe her that it was almost magical. The flat was enough for him as he lived here alone, books were neatly piled on the bookshelves and there were no scattered clothes, good thing he wasn’t a slob. The flat was painted with white and gray, giving off a sophisticated bachelor pad vibe.

“Your house is cool.” She said as she wiped her damp hands subtly on her skinny jeans. Why were her hands sweating like crazy? She sighed, she was really nervous.