Epilogue

Cluttered dried leaves crunched under Louise Valdez's pink stiletto as she followed the familiar trail she has been taking once every year. How long has it been since the first time she walked this path with Calvin and Lizzie and few more others who remembered who Lara Valdez was. Her heart quenched as she remembered the pain for the lost and hatred for those who took her sister.

She turned left around the corner and stopped in front of a marbled stone.

Here lies Lara Valdez (1979-2002) 

‘Your memories will never be forgotten’

"Hey Lara... Happy birthday..." she murmured only for the summer wind to hear as she traced the intricate cursives on the stone. "I miss you everyday... how are you?" a smile touched her lips as warm breeze caressed her, was Lara hugging her? The longing she buried at the deepest crevice of her heart resurfacing again.

Sweeping the hem of her sundress, she sat in front of her sister and placed her shoulder bag beside her. She was always like this, making herself comfortable and then would start telling stories to her sister. "Lizzie is due this month and we are all very excited to finally see her baby girl. And oh it's funny how she insisted on naming the baby Lara, same as yours." She chuckled and tucked a lock of auburn hair behind her ear. She has the same shade of hair as Lara and she took pride for it because she admired her sister's elegant auburn hair that would sway in harmony with her hips.

"I wish you were there yesterday when I received my outstanding teacher of the year plaque..." Louise fought the tears that were pricking her eyes; she made a promise to herself that this year would be different.

She wouldn't cry.

"Also Calvin wasn't able to come today. Do you still remember Miss Helen Delafield? Calvin proposed to her last weekend and she said yes..." she paused as if letting Lara to take everything that she said and then she continued in a much softer voice. "Is that okay with you? Did Calvin ask for your blessing?" Her throat constricted as she gulped a new wave of tears. "I bet you blessed him already even before he told you... that's just like you... always thinking of other people. You know I kinda hated you for that because that trait of yours took you away from us."

She reached out again to feel the cold marble stone against her finger pads. Louise wanted to feel her sister's calming touch that made her feel safe every night before she fell asleep.

"Wait for me there but until then I will continue smiling for you... I love you... sleep well Lara..." an unwelcomed tear fell from her tear duct but she didn't bother to wipe it.

 Author's Note:

Hi all, this is the second installment of my 'A Story of A Girl Collection'. So how was it, please tell me what you think. :) If you haven't read the first installement, you can find it in my profile, the title is An Angel's Haven.

Thank you so much for reading! :D