Familiar White Shoes

Charlie sat at his old wooden desk and threw his headphones on, he heard his mom start to raise her voice at his step-dad. He didn't even really give a shit about his step-dad, or his mom. Even though his step-dad is an awful person, it is still his mom's fault for making his dad leave. 

His mom and step-father don't fight very often, but when they do it ends in one of three ways: they take out all of their anger on Charlie, they both leave the house, or they fight for weeks about the same stupid shit. 

After overhearing the argument for a few moments he could tell it would end in both of them leaving the house. The teen stood up, grabbed his headphones and cassette, and went to his paint-chipped door. He creaked it open and peered out to see if the coast was clear. He decided they wouldn't notice anyways, and took off. 

• 

Charlie got on his bike and started to ride over to his friend's house, Kian Decker. Hurricane Agatha was coming and he didn't want to be stuck in his house alone. As he was on his way he heard the first thunder strike.

The teen approached Kian's house just as the rain started to fall, he walked into the house as fast as he could and removed his shoes. As he was about to walk off he noticed a pair of white shoes that looked familiar. Ana-fucking -Costa. Charlie smiled to himself when he thought about Ana because she had the confidence that Charlie could never have. Especially when she hung out with the pogues.  

The boy saw Kian's mother sitting in the kitchen as he walked to the stairs, "Hello, Mrs. Decker," He smiled. "Hi! Hi, Charles!" The blond boy's jaw tightened and jaws clenched when he heard the name. "You shouldn't have come, honey," She frowned, folding her hands together, "The rain is starting to come down, and I don't want your parents worrying about you."

He took a shaky breath, holding back the truth, "Oh! No, it's okay. It's just a bit of rain, they won't mind." Before she could say anymore, he stumbled up the stairs.

The blond boy opened Kian's door and spotted Ana sitting on the floor, Kian on his bed, both nose deep in their phones. "Hi, guys." He said before clearing his throat.

Ana and Kian glanced at each other, then to Charlie, "What're you doing here?" Charlie shrugged his shoulders. "Won't your mommy kill you if she found out you weren't home during the storm?" Kian said getting up and walking closer to Charlie. 

"Scoot back man, what the fuck?" Charlie asked scooting back as much as he could. 

Kian got close again, this time putting his face extremely close to Charlie's.

Charlie giggled, "Woah, bud! Why are you so close? You gonna kiss me?"

Kian snapped his head towards Ana when he heard her laugh, "No? I'm not fucking gay." Kian scoffed, and shoved Charlie a bit.

"Woah! Calm down Kian. No need to get violent." Ana stated confidently.

Kian scoffed and gave Ana a side eye as headed back to his bed.

Hurricane Agatha was just announced and the three of them sat in Kian's room waiting for the storm to pass over. Charlie spoke up, "How long do you think this'll go on for?"

"I don't know man, but it's gnarly." Kian said, biting his thumbnail.

Ana was laying on her back and lifted her right hand, her left remaining under her head, her feet on Kian's bed. She formed a gun with her thumb, pointer and middle finger, "Oh! It's okay baby~!" 

"Did you just call me baby?" Kian gasped, being taken aback.

"Did you like it? I thought you were gay?!" Ana wheezed.

Charlie laughed at the interaction that they just had, and the disgusted look on Kian's face.

"I am not fucking gay !" Kian shouted. 

Ana and Charlie looked at each other and laughed, "You sound pretty defensive... like you're trying to hide something." After Charlie said that Ana busted out with laughter.

The brunette wiped the tears away from her eyes, "Kian... do you want to tell us something?"

Later in the evening Charlie looked out the window to see the damage of Hurricane Agatha. Trees were knocked down, debris was scattered across the island, there was no living thing in sight. It was peaceful, he thought to himself. 

"Yo, guys Aggie has calmed down so I think I'm gonna head home before she picks back up again." Charlie said to his two friends that are sitting on the other side of the room.

"Alright! See ya later, babe!" Ana said as a joke as the blond left the room. Of course Kian didn't acknowledge his exit. 

Charlie was riding his bike back when he passed by the water and spotted two people surfing in the water while it was pouring rain and the waves sloshed around violently. He smiled as he watched them be themselves. 

Something he wished he could do; be himself.

hihi!! i rewatched obx and needed to finally decided i needed to 
reupload this on my new account !! also my friend who owned Boen Thomas
decided to change him into a female so the story has changed quite a bit !!
i love you all<33 and dont forget to comment , vote + follow !!

hihi!! i rewatched obx and needed to finally decided i needed to reupload this on my new account !! also my friend who owned Boen Thomasdecided to change him into a female so the story has changed quite a bit !!i love you all<33 and dont forget to...