Charlie Not Charles

Charlie continued to watch the people surf during a hurricane. He found himself being controlled by his feet, being forced to walk to the shore. He bent down and stuck his hand in the water. When the teen boy stood up he poured out the water and sand mixture that was in his hand. 

Before getting back on his bike and riding home, he looked at the people one more time. One, by the looks of it, having black hair, fell into the water. He let out a slight chuckle and threw himself over his bike. 

The soaking wet boy arrived back home, and, of course, both of his parents car's were gone from the driveway. He entered the house and the cold air from the air conditioner sent chills down his spine. 

He changed into new clothes and laid down on his bed. Charlie tried to drift off to sleep and let his dreams take over his body, but the boy who fell off his surfboard was drowning in his thoughts. His heart started to pound so hard he was convinced he could feel his house shake, but maybe it was, and Agatha was back. The blond boy finally fell asleep to the calm sound of rain beating on the window.

Charlie woke up the next morning to a quiet house, he knew his parents were still gone, but he checked the couch and their room to see if, by chance, they ever made it home. Unsurprisingly, they weren't there. He stood on his front porch to get a better view of Figure Eight. He examined the land for damage, there wasn't tons of damage for a hurricane that went on for hours, but it was probably much worse in the Cut, the pogue territory. At least the rich pricks had power. 

Charlie decided to head over to Kian's again, this time he'd be alone. He knew Bowie was never there two days in a row. If she was, it would be an extremely rare occasion. Or Charlie convinced her to go. 

"You're so gay !" Kian teased Charlie after he said he was worried about his parents, "I mean... not really, because I would never speak to you again." Kian chuckled. Charlie stared at the boy and smiled as real as he could. What the fuck? 

Charlie blurted out, "Maybe I am." 

Kian's head snapped towards his friend at the comment, "Shut up, Charles!"

"It's Charlie, not Charles, Kian." 

When Kian fell asleep Charlie had time to think about all of the things Kian had done. 
That piece of shit has done nothing for me. NOTHING! Homophobic, classist ASSHOLE! 

The blond boy stood up and dragged himself to the bathroom and splashed cold water onto his face. After he stared at himself in the mirror for a few minutes he went back and laid down on the floor. Next thing he knew the door was glowing gold from the sun. "Down for a pogue kegger later tonight?" 

"Sure." Charlie smiled to himself, he was, to say the least, excited to see the pogues. 

He got up and started making his way back home to get ready in peace. He jumped into the shower and wasted an hour just by showering and fixing his hair. When he got home he went to get dressed he put on his light blue Tar Heels jersey, black cargo pants, and his Filas

Before he left the house to head back to the Decker household, he hesitated to pick up his headphones and cassette tape. It's a fucking kegger, Charlie. He sat them down. 

Kian Decker was dressed up like every other kook, polo and khaki shorts. 

"You tryna get hot kook girls, too?"

Charlie coughed in surprise, "Yeah, uh, yeah. Hot kook girls !"

When the two boys arrived at the kegger, Charlie started searching for Bowie. And the pogues. Before he could spot either of them Kian jumped in front of him, "Let's get wasted !" 
Charlie Brewer and Kian Decker walked over to the long line of people waiting for beer. Charlie froze when he noticed who was handing out the drinks. The Pogues. "Hey, uh, man, I can get the drinks." Charlie said, "You can go and flirt with them," Kian's eyes followed Charlie's head to a group of attractive kooks. 

Kian got excited, "If you say so. And don't fuck up the drinks." He yelled over his shoulder as he walked away.

"Mhm."

When he was finally closer to getting the drinks he became nervous when he saw a tan boy taunt a kook with the red solo cup, the sweat began to prickle his skin, and the heat on his face began to red. He was finally able to see the group of people handing out the cups: a blond boy, a brunet boy, a ravenet boy, and two girls. One being Ana. But, out of all of them, Charlie was most interested in the boy with the skin of rich dark chocolate. 

"C-can I have two? Please?" Charlie stammered. He looked at Ana, she nodded to him in reasurrence. 

"He's fine guys, he's my baby. I totally birthed him myself." Ana Costa's curlies bounced as she laughed. Charlie watched as the other girl looked at her with an odd look on her face. After this interaction the boy with light brown hair handed him two cups, "Oh! Charlie, wait! This is Kiara, or Kie, John B, JJ, and that's Pope," Bowie's pointer finger went down the line of individuals, listing their names. 

Charlie smiled wide at the four pogues before nodding his head, "I'm Charlie, if you didn't catch that. It's very nice to meet you guys."

"Nice to meet you, Charlie." Said Pope, his grin was growing like a Tulip in mid-March.

Before anyone else could say anything, the infamous Kian Decker ran up behind him, "You're taking fucking forever, Charles."

His teeth gritted. His jaw clenched, "Charlie." The angered by pushed the cup to Kian's puffed chest, spilling some of the alcoholic beverage.

"Ease up, bud!" Kian shouted after the angry boy.

Charlie sat on the trunk of a tree that had fallen the night prior. He was watching all of the drunk teens. Drunk kooks, dunk pogues, drunk Tourons. As he was analyzing the crowd, his eyes met the gaze of one of the boys he had met minutes prior. 

"Hey, I'm Pope. If you forgot. You're Charles right?" The dark haired teen asked with curiosity painted on his face. 

"It's actually Charlie, not Charles. But, uh, yeah!" 

mm these arent going to be great chapters because i feel like i need
to make it similar to the other book, and that one sucks so...
i promise the 4th chapter will be lot better since i dont have a rough draft
to go off of. ANYWAYS !!!! i hope you enjoy :))

 ANYWAYS !!!! i hope you enjoy :))