Studying w/ Hermione

It was my 6th year at Hogwarts and the only thing stopping me from passing was Potions.

"Class dismissed" Slughorn yelled out to the class.

"Finally" I whispered under my breath, as I was putting my books in my school bag I heard footsteps coming from behind me.

"So Y/N.." it was Professor Slughorn, "I was wondering if you would like some tutoring lessons".

"Oh no, I'm fine, but thanks". Slughorn laughed as he shook his head at me.

"Not from me, from Ms. Granger" he pointed his index finger to the table that was closest to the door. Hermione was standing there waving at me shyly.

"Oh.. then maybe." I put my school bag around my shoulder and made my way towards Hermione. Hermione and I weren't the closest of friends, but we always wave to each other when we see each other in the hallways or the Gryffindor common room.

"So I heard you weren't passing and.."

"Hermione you don't have to do this if you don't want to." I put my hand on her shoulder as I said this.

"No but I want to.. plus tutoring would look really nice next to my grades." I raised my eyebrow at her, "Meet me at the library at 8pm" she starting walking away but turned around again to say, "And don't be late!"

*

*

*

*

As I entered the library the only light that was provided was the light from my lantern and another lantern that was in the second aisle in the library.

"Ready to study? We have the Amortentia smelling test tomorrow so you have to be at your best ability."

"Yeah I think I'm ready." I took a seat next to her.

"Is that.." Hermione leaned in and smelled the side of my neck. "Perfume?"

"Yeah why?"

"Oh it's just.. I've never smelt perfume like that before.. it smells good. Mint?"

"Yeah.." I smiled as I felt my cheeks getting red.

*

*

"I just don't know this one Hermione. I think we should just stop." I started twirling my wand in my hand as I started to get anxious.

"Here.. " Hermione put her hand over mine to stop it from shaking. She didn't let go of my hand which led her to look at me in awe. It was about seconds later until we broke our stare with one another. She pointed to the answer. "It's this one." She looked back at me and smiled.

*

*

*

The next day in potions class I had already earned my grade in my Amortentia smelling test. I passed.

"Ms. Granger.. you're up next." Slughorn shook his hand ordering for her to walk over to where he was standing. "Now you don't need to name all the scents you smell. Only the main one that stands out to you. Now go on." Hermione leaned over the Amortentia as she pulled away with a shocked look. She turned around and looked at me as she said, "Mint".