Yule Ball w/ George Weasley

All houses were sitting down eating lunch in the Great Hall. It seemed that everywhere I turned another person was getting asked to the Yule Ball, except me. As I turned around to the Gryffindor table Fred Weasley was whispering over to Angelina and seemingly asking her to go to the Yule Ball with him, which she said yes to.

"Well looks like you've lucked out this time" Cedric had said to me as he sat down right next to me.

"That's the wrong one you idiot" I snarled back.

"I know I'm just messing with you. When are you going to get over your crush with George Weasley anyways? You know lots of girls like him". I hated how he said this, but I knew he was right. Cedric and I are twins both in 6th year just like the Weasley twins. Two sets of twins in one year, crazy right? But nonetheless Cedric was right, it would be impossible to go to the Yule Ball with George considering we only had Potions together, and if only Cedric and I didn't have similar features you would've never guessed we were twins. Cedric is very outgoing, a Quidditch player, and every girl seems to be in love with him and to make matters worse every girl has been even more infatuated with him now that the Yule Ball dance is in the picture. For me on the other hand, I worry less about socializing and more about what book I should read next.

"So anyways, have you asked Cho yet to the ball?" I ask him desperately trying to change the subject about George.

"Yes I was planning on asking her today, think I might do something romantic" He replied following up with a soft smile.

"And what are you gonna do about the ones that want to go with you" I motioned my head to the Gryffindor table where 5 girls were seated as they admired him.

"Ah, I could care less about them, Cho's the one on my mind." Cedric then got up and left. I then turned my head back to the Gryffindor table trying to see if the girls were still gawking at him as he left, but my eyes met someone else's instead. George Weasley. The way he looked at me took my breath away and I wasn't sure if I could maintain the eye contact anymore, until he lifted up his right hand and waved at me. My cheeks grew red as I waved at him in return as he let out a soft chuckle. I turned to look at the clock and noticed it was time for the last class. Potions.

*
*
*
"Alright everyone choose your partners now, so you can do the assignment now and not for homework!" Slughorn yelled out to the class. I grabbed my Potions book and turned around as I was met with a familiar face. George.

"So, do you have a partner yet?" He questioned me as he grabbed the book out of my hands to hold it for me. Looking at him made me melt. The way you could get lost in his brown eyes, the cute bump on his nose, and he was a bloody good Quidditch player as well.

"No I actually don't have a partner yet." I raised my eyebrows eager in his response back.

"Well you're in luck then because I happen to be one of the best Potions students at Hogwarts". He motioned his head over to a empty table.

"Oh really you are?" My voice increased it's pitch with fascination.

"No, I'm actually bloody terrible at it. Well all of my classes, but I do think of myself as my own entrepreneur" he laughed as he sat down in the chair.

"So are you only my partner because you know I'm smart? Or -"

"No no no it's not for that reason at all! I'm not using you or anything I've just wanted to talk to you lately. I mean we both have this class together and rarely ever talk and I'd like to get to know you better". George had caught his breath after he finished the sentence.

"Do you say this to everyone to make them fall in love with you?" I lifted my eyebrows at him while smirking.

"No I don't! That's not my intention at all-" George seemed worrisome while trying to explain his side of the story while I was trying to hold in my laugh. "My intention was- you're laughing" George's face dropped in disbelief. "How did you- why did you- oh I bet you think you're so funny now causing me to panic like that" he pushed my shoulder very lightly as he let out a laugh.

"Why thank you, I was only trying to pull a prank on one of the biggest pranksters at Hogwarts, what's wrong with that?" I said trying to hold in a laugh.

"You're funny. I like it... but speaking of.. since you're funny and I'd like to get to know you better would you-" George was interrupted when a student barged in the classroom. Cedric. Cedric ??

"What are you doing here?" I asked as he made his way over.

"They changed my class last minute. They said I needed to do more extracurricular classes. "Cedric held his schedule up to my face.

"Gosh why did I have to get a twin? Why couldn't it just be me?" Cedric looked at me in annoyance.

"I wonder that all the time as well" George answered back to me.

*
*
Everyone had left Potions class as I was the last person to go out the door. George was the first one to go which I presumed he had to leave early to go to Quidditch practice. As I made my way out of the door he was standing on my left side leaning against the wall with one arm behind his back.

"I haven't left because I've been waiting to ask you this the whole class" he took the arm that was behind his back which revealed a bouquet of flowers filled with carnations, roses, and baby's breath. It was beautiful. "Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?"

"Yes I absolutely would love to" I grabbed the roses as he stepped closer and gave me a forehead kiss.