Hendrik x Reader||Long Time

Fem!Reader

*******

*Hendrik's pov*

I sat by the fire I just made. What just happened was still foggy. I could only remember bits and pieces. Though, I remember one of my oldest friends was there. She was with the Darkspawn. She stood up to protect him. I remember she... I don't remember. My memory is still all too fuzzy. Though, I couldn't believe that after a few years, I finally seen her again. I never expected to see her after I left her behind. 

Tears fell down my face. A smile was creeping up on my face. I couldn't be more happy. Even for that brief moment, I could see how much she grew. She was a fine woman. When she was knocked down by Jasper's power, she stood her ground. Even against Mordegon, she was trying to still stand. I wished I was able to see h-

A blinding light got the corner of my eye. I whipped my head towards it. It floated down towards the ground. Wherever it was landing, it didn't seem far off of my location. I debated about investigating it. It couldn't hurt to see what it could be. I stood up and headed over to it.

As I approached to where the light landed and ended, I seen that five monsters were surrounding the area. The group of five were huddled around something, but I couldn't make it out.

A monster looked up and seen me. It pointed at me as it seen me. "Damn." I cursed under my breath. I had to prepare to fight now. I was hesitant about fighting them. I didn't even know if whatever was there was worth fighting for. The monsters started to charge at me. Though, a monster stayed back and picked whatever was on the ground.

"Hey! Put me down!!" There was a voice. My eyes widened as it was a person. Now I have to fight. I drew out my sword. I swung my sword at one of the monsters. It jumped away from my blade.

"GYAH!!!" A voice boomed. I looked over to see the person defeated the monster with ease. They ran over towards my direction. They jumped over my head. My eyes widened. It was her!! She jumped onto a monster and slammed into it. She pulled out a dagger and slayed it. She quickly slayed the rest as well. It seemed easy for her.

She jumped down beside me. She chuckled. "Don't worry. Your savior is her-" She stopped her sentence as she seen me. Her eyes widened.

"Is that really you!?" She asked, only to embrace me in a tight hug, which took me by surprise. I didn't expect her to even hug me after what's recently happened. She squeezed me anyways. "You're alive!" Her voice was full of joy. I pushed her away. As happy as I was to see her again, I felt weird. She shouldn't be feeling this way after I tried to stop her group and kill the Luminary. Her face was filled with sadness. "Hendrik?" She spoke softly. I couldn't look at her. "How can you be so joyful when I was trying to stop you all. I was even going to kill the Luminary." I growled at her. "How can you be happy to see me?" My words came out pretty harsh. I never expected forgiveness from her from what just happened or the time I left her behind. "I just left you behind." Tears were forming. I was so stupid to ever leave her. "How do you not hate me?" I yelled. There wasn't any way that she didn't hate me. She had to have build up hate for me. 

"Hendrik! What's gotten into you?" She asked. "I'm your friend, remember? It's okay!" Her voice was all too cheerful right now. I glanced to see a smiling face. "I was probably more jealous than mad, to be completely honest." She rubbed the back of her neck as she looked away. Jealous? Why would she be jealous? "But it was your knighting ceremony! How could I be mad about you becoming a knight? You always wanted to." A huge grin appeared on her face.

I dropped to my hands and knees. "I didn't even look your direction during it! I never interacted with you after it!" I yelled. "You just disappeared after it! I thought you hated me!" My fist slammed against the ground. "Now I see that you've gotten stronger than me. I wasn't there with you! I wasn't there to help with your hardships! It's all because I was too focused on becoming a knight!" My voice grew louder as I let out more. The tears finally left my eyes. 

Then unexpectedly, I felt arms wrapped around my shoulders and a head rested on mine. "Hendrik, please don't beat yourself up. I'm sorry that I left abruptly, but I wanted to be able to catch up with you." Her words were soft as she spoke. I slowly wrapped my arms around her waist. "Y/n." I mumbled her name as I buried my head into her shoulder. "Thank you." My voice was muffled by her shoulder. "Well, now we have each other again." She spoke. I nodded. "I won't leave you again." Her grip gotten tighter on me. "I don't ever want you to feel like that again." My arms wrapped tighter around her. "I won't leave you behind again, either." I leaned my head towards her ear so she would hear it better. 

"Shall we catch up in the morning?" She asked. I nodded in response as I pushed her away. I held onto her shoulders for a little longer. There was smile on her face. It was so bright that it made me smile as well. I stood up and held a hand out. She grabbed it and I helped her up. She followed behind me as I walked over to the fire I made earlier. 

We sat down beside each other, while leaning against a fallen log. It seemed like as soon as we got comfortable, her head fell on my shoulder. I shook my head and sighed. "We didn't even say good night." She had fallen asleep very easily. I chuckled as I crossed my arms as rested my head on hers. I soon drifted off to sleep after her.

********

Words: 1080

My first dragon quest oneshot and of it's of Hendrik. I hoped you enjoyed it.