2

-Davina-

I wake up in a dimly lit room. There's a lamp on top of my nightstand. I'm laying on a white comforter and there's atleast 5 blankets on the bed with it. I look around, there's two doors, a white dresser with a tv on top and a vanity in the corner.

I look down to my arm and I remember where he put the shot. What was his name again? I don't think he ever told me. A sharp nock on the door snaps me out of my thoughts.

The man from before walks in.

"I'll ask one more time nicely. What the fuck am I doing here." I say getting out of bed and walking towards him trying to seem more confident then I feel.

"And I'll tell you one more time nicely. Don't speak to me in that tone." He says in a dominant manner.

"Your here because your under our protection. Did you have any knowledge of your parents and your brother being apart of the mafia?" He asks.

"I know my dad had some business and my brothers dead."I say blankly. I don't like taking about it. Almost three years ago when I was 15 and my brother was 17 he was killed in a car crash.

"Mhm, we'll around 20 years ago the mafia split. There's our side and theirs the other side. The other side is the people who killed your parents last night and they were planning on killing you. Let's just say your father knew how to piss off people." He explains

"So let me get this straight, you kidnapped me because you were protecting me, knocked me out and now what am I supposed to do. Be apart of your mafia?" I say with a sarcastic undertone.

"Well well well. You truly are smarter then I thought you were going to be sweetheart." He says with a smartass tone. So I slapped him.

I just slapped a man who's in the mafia. Likely a very dangerous man. Well I've already dug my grave might aswell dig to hell.

He looks back at me with a smile on his face. He isn't mad? That was kind of hot though. Stop thinking like that.

"Come downstairs we're having dinner." He says walking out the door way looking back to see if I follow.

I am hungry so I decide to follow him out the door and down a beautiful staircase. There were two sets of stairs that curved together to meet at the top and their was a beautiful chandelier hanging in the middle.

I continue to follow him into the dining room where theirs a table full of food with man and woman sitting at the table. The woman stands and starts walking torwards me.

"Hello you must be Davina, I'm Dante's mother, you can call me Maria." She says with a warm smile and I return the gesture.

"Dante come give your mother a hug and get some food." She says and he walks over to her giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"How was your day madre?" He asks her genuinely and she's smiles and goes on to tell him about her day. Aww how sweet, The jackass can respect his mother.

"Go ahead Tesoro get some food to eat." She says kindly. I'm not very hungry but I put a bit of salad on my plate and sit at the table and Dante sits across from me. [sweetheart]

"Okay so I have some news to share with you two." He says gesturing to me and Dante. "Before your parents were killed, Davina, your father signed a contract saying that once you turned 18 you would be married to our son, heir to the mafia, Dante." He says in a voice that seems casual.

Oh. Hell. No.

"I'm sorry what? I turn 18 in a week." I state with anger present in my voice. This man has to be out of his fucking mind. I look across Dante who also looks confused.

"What the hell are you talking about. I don't even know her and you expect me to marry her?" He says.

"You will not speak to me in that voice. Especially not with a guest in the house. You will marry her wether you like it or not. A deal is a deal and money is money." He says with an evil smile on his wrinkled face.

"I have arranged for you two to go out to brunch tomorrow and do some shopping. Davina we had our men bring some of your belongings back here from your home. Dante, buy your future wife something pretty." He says.

I look over at Dante. He looks pissed.

"We'll if you excuse me I'm going to head to my room." I say getting up.

"You haven't eaten yet dear" his mother says with a hint of concern in her voice. She seems like the only sane one here I have no idea how she got stuck with a husband like that.

"It's okay I wasn't that hungry anyways." I say with a faint smile and I walk away going back up the stairs and back to my room.

When I get back to my room I see two duffle bags sitting on the floor. I carefully opened them and found that they had all of my clothes from back home in them.

I decide to start organizing all of my clothes into the dresser. The top drawer I put the few pairs of bras and underwear they brought back. Probably enough to last me a week. The drawer next to it I put in socks then the other ones I filled with hoodies, crewnecks and shirts. Then the other ones had a few pairs of pants, sweatpants, and shorts. Not a lot to work with, hopefully I can get some clothes when we go out tomorrow.

I look over to see Dante standing in the door way. "Can I help you with something, Dante?" I say with an obviously fake smile on my face

"I was just here to let you know that we're leaving tomorrow at 11, we'll go to the mall, get some food and shop a little. Don't do anything stupid." He says

"And what stupid thing do you think I'll do?"

"Hmm, I don't know. Maybe try to run off. Get help. We have guards all over that place so you won't be able to go anywhere." He says. Well damn. If I won't be able to run I might as well make the most of it and spend some of his money.

"Well don't worry I won't be doing anything stupid even if I hate it here." I say.

"What makes you think I want to be stuck with you?" He asks "I don't like this situation anymore then you do princess but I think we'll both have to Just deal with it." He says.

"You know what princess, you can kiss my ass." I say in a smart ass tone. I can believe that my father sold me to be married. I wonder how much I was. This is so stupid.

"You wish." He says with attitude in his voice. I roll my eyes as he leaves my room. I check the clock on the night stand. It reads 10:00.

I opened the other door in my room which was thankfully a bathroom. I grabbed a change of clothes and took a shower. The shower had vanilla body wash along with shampoo and conditioner. I'm assuming I'm staying in one of the guest rooms, if I'm supposed to marry him does that mean we'll have to share a bed?

I try to stop thinking and I let the warm water and steam take over my body.

Once I step out of the shower I wrap myself in a towel and I do the same with my hair. I sit on the side of the bath tub for a minute letting my mind wonder untill I finally get up. I brush my teeth with the toothbrush that was still in a new package and I put on my change of clothes.

I crawled into bed and wrapped myself in a blanket and turned on the tv. Thankfully they had netflix and YouTube and all the other stuff so I went to Netflix and settled on watching the vampire diaries. I don't really watch tv because I prefer reading but everyone talks about this show so I decide to give it a chance. I slowly drifted off to sleep.

——————————————————————

Hewwo so that was chapter two. Soon the chapters will get longer and more intresting but I hope your liking it so far:)

Reminder: I wuv you :)

Word count: 1471

-Alyssa