Chapter 18

"For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home."
― Stephanie Perkins

Chaeyoung stand still, her mind still processing all that happened at the present time. "it's not real, it's not real, it's not real" Chaeyoung recited in her mind. However, when the realization hits her, she could feel her heart thumping so quick. Eventually, a really light sigh left her lips as if she scared to let out a louder one just in case this moment vanished and Jungkook gone from her sight once again.

"Jungkook?" She asked slowly, as if to making sure if this is real. And if this is happening right now, she looked at the right side of his head. Chaeyoung couldn't see his face at all because he put his face on the crook of her neck.

But it didn't missed by her how as soon as she called his name, Jungkook's hold on her body tighten. And his breathe quickened, her eyes were quickly shut, beholding his presence, she made decent attempt to not wrapped her arms around his neck and hold him just as tight.

No words traded from that point onward, they just stayed with the same position for awhile before Jungkook loosened his hold on her body and look up, his eyes meet hers. Chaeyoung could see how Jungkook smile weakly as he stare at her with such longing gaze in his eyes.

"I miss you," He said before closing the gap and put his lips on her shoulder, and continue to mumble under his breath.

"I'm sorry."

"I miss you so much, and I'm sorry." He finally said as he tightened his arms around her waist once again. Chaeyoung hates the fact that she didn't found it disturbing, she should've yelled and told him to go away. But she couldn't.

"Jungkook, this is not right." She said quietly, making his face quickly up as his eyebrow furrowed in confusion.

"What's not right?" He asked, Chaeyoung untangle herself from his hold and pointing her slender finger to both him and her.

"This. You and me. We haven't talked with each other for the past 4 months. We shouldn't act like everything is normal because it's not." She said, watched as his eyes widened for a moment.

"You didn't picked up my calls, didn't reply my messages. How am I supposed to reach out to you and 'talk' with you then?" He asked.

He massage his temple, "Can we at least go inside and have decent conversation? I need to talk with you."

Seeing the doubtful expression on her face, making Jungkook unconsciously grabbed her arms, "Please." He pleaded and it makes her let out a sigh.

"Fine."

***

"I'm sorry, I messed up." Jungkook start the conversation, as he sat while Chaeyoung stood up in front of him.

Just because the last time they sat at the same sofa together, chaos happened and it's enough to traumatized her.

"Hm," She hummed as she raise her eyebrow, waiting for Jungkook to continue his apology.

"I'm such a jerk, I say things I didn't mean and now I regretted it the most. Because it's all lies."

"Then what's the truth?"

Jungkook looked up, and he could see Chaeyoung's face. His heart beating a lot more faster.

He wouldn't miss this chance for the world.

Just like that, Jungkook grabbed her hand, ever so slowly he slipped his fingers in between hers.

"I lie when I said the kiss we shared was meaningless, when we kiss I swear to god I could feel my heart could combust from the strange feelings. It beats so fast I almost lost grip, never in my life I had ever. Like ever. Encounter such strong feelings, it's unfamiliar to me. And I'm scared."