Episode 26

Episode 26

Salem

"Couldn't you have waited for like five more minutes" I mutter to Paula.

"Five minutes wouldn't have been enough. You two looked like you were ready to mate right there on the street." Paula grumbles and sits on the bed.

"What is your plan?" She asks me.

"Plan? What plan? Plan for what?" I pretend that I don't understand.

"Please don't insult my intelligence. I have known you all my life, you have that look in your eyes. What on earth are you going to do?" She grabs the hat on my head so she can look into my eyes.

I sigh "Queen Nuke has way too much power but it makes little sense why King Mona would allow that. He might have completely ignored my existence but I don't believe he doesn't have an eye on me. There's no way the King didn't know about Brian's extracurricular activities. I have faced him in war before, he is no fool and he is certainly not an ignorant man."

"What are you saying?" She tilts her head sideways.

"Queen Nuke thinks her power is hers, I think the King is using her so that he doesn't have to get his hands dirty. I refuse to believe that he's completely ignorant of the activities that take place in his court. He is King for a reason." I lower my voice to tell her.

"What are you trying to do then?" She holds her neck as if to massage it.

I massage her neck. "One day, the King or Queen will find out the truth of who I am. I'm not dumb enough to believe that it will stay secret forever. I need to be able to protect myself when that time comes, not just myself but the people I care about. There is no way the King and Queen will let me be once they find out the truth of who I am."

"So what is your plan then?" She tilts her head to the side to allow me more space for me to massage.

"I need information. For the first time in my life, I need power. I need my own people." I say to her.

"You couldn't manage to get loyal people to you in Roelum, how did you think you can manage that here?" She scoffs.

"I didn't have to in Roelum, I had people loyal to me Paula, I still do; don't forget I have risked my life several times for those men. You think not one of them would risk their lives for me?" I smirk.

She freezes and turns abruptly to look at me. "What did you do Salem?"

I grin "I didn't do anything, they came of their own will."

"Wait, how many of them followed us here?" She whispered.

"My hoarde, all seventeen of them. They didn't think I would notice. I saw Twila at the Pallaire, he tried to hide from me." I loose my hair.

"Shit!!!" she exclaims.

"Shit indeed!"