Episode 62

Episode 62
Prince Erin

“Father, Salem will remain in Roelum.” I say to the King of Rale after his summoning immediately I was home.

“You left your wife in another kingdom.” Queen Nuke mocks.

“It is her home.” I reply.

“I see she chose her side; we are well aware of the brewing war between Roelum and the Varcasas, I just didn’t think Salem would decide to abandon us especially at a time like this.” Queen Nuke smirks.

“That means you both knew about it and didn’t see it fit to warn her or at least inform her?” I say with a cock of my brow.

“Why should we say anything? It is all good riddance anyway.” Queen Nuke responds.

“What do you think will happen to Rale if the Varcasas win the war against Roelum? Do you think Rale will be safe? We have just a boundary line between us, they are savages and like to devour everything their way. Do you really think you will be safe?” I ask.

“What exactly do you mean?” My father relaxes.

“You know what I mean, Father. Look at us, we are a nation fighting against itself. After Roelum, they will undoubtedly come for us. I don’t think it is time to rejoice other Roelum’s predicament especially when ours is not even much better.” I say while looking at the Queen.

“You… how dare you?” Queen Nuke charges.

“Have I said anything wrong?” I ask with a smile.

“She has ruined you; you wouldn’t have dared insult me to my face in the past.” Queen Nuke scoffs.

“I don’t think Salem should take full responsibility for this change; he has always been this way… he just did a good job of hiding it.” King Mona smiles at me approvingly.

“I see… so what now? You want a political seat?” Queen Nuke asks.

“Do you still have the power to give me one?” I ask and she fumes.

“I can see your mouth has become sharper, in your new infinite wisdom, how did you think it was a good idea to leave your wife in a kingdom that will soon fall. You realize that the Varcasas have a huge army with skilled warriors who have conquered nations.” Queen Nuke smiles sweetly at me.

“That is why we are going to help her.” I say and my father tenses.

“Interesting, why would we even do that when we can barely even hold on to the power we have now.” My father smirks at me.

“Cads needs to be taken care of as well as the Inis, you have your private army… don’t you think it is time that you stop playing nice and end it once and for all. It is like a poison, the more it stays, the more it spreads. If we take off the head of the snake, the body becomes useless.” I suggest.

“That is madness… we cannot allow a civil war now.” Queen Nuke charges.

“Do you intend to play nice until they have killed all of your spies, they even have one right here in the Royal family. They are that brazen and you still think holding niceties with people that want your crown is the best way to go? This is the royal family, that stopped meaning something the moment we started compromising.” I defend.

“Was this how Salem dealt with the traitors there, I had heard of how swiftly she stopped and controlled the rebellions, now they are preparing for war, it hasn’t even been a month she left Rale. She is quite the woman, isn’t she? I like the person you become with her. It is much better than the loafer you used to be.” I and queen Nuke stare at my father strangely.