0 - Leaving for Good

"I have an order for 16 Javelins, 3 Swords, 3 Bows with a complete set of Arrows, and 8 Axes, all made in Steel."

"Geez, calm down on the Javelins. I'll be done by tomorrow night, you can count on it." Verna wiped the sweat on her brow from the overwhelming supply today. There was always that time of month where more weapons were in demand, but it was just crazy at this point.

It was going to be a hot, bright day in the Kingdom of Tanburun. It would've been considered a nice, perfect day for many, but for Verna, she has to work in front of a forge all of the day, so she got her orders in the early day, where she can get started.

Now she starts her work at the break of dawn. Verna puts on her gloves, blacksmith apron, her signature chain helmet with horns, and starts to get to work.

She stoked the fire, which the pit started to look like hot magma. Her water trough was full, and she had plenty of leather strips and iron ingots. She started by dipping it into the hot lava substance.

This forge was handed down to her from her grandfather, her only guardian and family figure Verna knew of. She had no idea who or where her parents are or were, and frankly, she couldn't care less. Atleast her grandfather cared about her enough to stick around until his death.

After that, everyone had figured they had lost their best Blacksmith in all of the lands.

Luckily, Verna stepped up, with her steel so bright and fine, stronger than her grandfather's once was.

But she kept this beautiful sword that he passed down to her, saying that it was a family heirloom, and to never lose or break it.

Then shortly before he passed, he told her to open up the handle of the sword, and follow the compass, and it would lead her to something amazing. The swords handle end was a screw on type of deal, and surely enough, there was a compass on the cap. But she was scared on what it was she was going to find, so she never did follow the compass.

She had accidentally let her mind wander and put her body on Auto Pilot, making the weapons. So far, she had made the 3 Swords, 5 Axes so far (not to mention a Mace for some extra money), 6 Javelins, and 1 Bow. It was only a little ways past noon.

By now, the children are happily running through the streets, as carefree as they can be. Verna was almost done making all of the arrows for the first bow, but she was missing rocks for arrowheads. Since the kids admire her work so well, she called them over.

"Do you little guys mind helping me out?" she asked them. They excitedly nodded their heads and had sparkles in their eyes. Verna chuckled, and handed them a few buckets.

"Can you go and find some rocks and stones that can be made into arrows?" they all quickly ran off, squealing and scuttling to find some rocks.

The Blacksmith was heavily amused, for the kids adored her, her work, and just simply watching her. But there was this tiny girl in the group of boys that wanted to be just like her, a strong Swordswoman, and a Blacksmith.

So she told her, "I don't plan on having kids of my own, so maybe when I'm old and can't work anymore, maybe you can take over my forge." which got the little girl excited. Sabrina was her name.

She started taking lessons from the teen, and worked her way around the forge. She can make a decent blade. Verna let her keep a dagger that she had made all by herself, patting her head and telling her, "I'm proud of you. You deserve it, kiddo."

But now she was running around with all of the boys (Verna thinks those are all her brothers???) doing some errands that she couldn't do herself.

Suddenly, she sees a flash of red out of the corner of her eye, and instinctively places her hand on the handle of the blade, barely revealing it to the sunlight.