Chapter 1 - A Brave Tomorrow

"Captain on Deck!" Geeky Magenta Then announced as the door to the Bridge opened, and a very intimidating Black Bean in formal attire then strolled in. Everyone bolted to their feet and stood there as he walked over to the chair at the centre of the room.

"At Ease, Fellow Crew." Black Gruffly said as he then sat down at the helm, and everyone but one then sat back down, still facing him... Except for One: A rather adorable blue bean girl with a lock of fringe on her head, that was looking around absentmindedly. "I said: AT EASE. That also means you, Blue, you dolt."

"Oh! Sorry about that, Captain." the Quirky Blue Bean then said in a flurry of gentle confusion. Giggles erupted from the crew -Even the Captain chuckled- as She then sat down in her chair facing him, blushing. "I got lost in my own thoughts."

"Nobody was asking, Blue." Black then sighed, shaking his head as he sat there, peg leg crossed over stubby leg casually. He then decided to address the crew formally. He then sat up straight, planting his prosthetic leg on the ground and then clearing his throat. "Right. You all Know me by now. The Next point of call: Polus Station. It's a long trek, but Nothing we can't handle. Okay then. Marko? Set course for Polus."

"Yes, Sir." A Grey Bean then chirped up. He then punched in the co-ordinates and typed in some codes before hitting a button or two. Within a few seconds, The massive engines in the bowels of the ship they were on then started up with a raucous groan. Soon enough, the Ship heaved into motion, and they were off. A few minutes into the trip, The Captain was still sitting at the helm, watching on while the clock ticks on. Everyone else was doing their best; Even Blue, who wasn't exactly the straightest pencil in the desk, so to speak. However...

"*YYAWWN!*" A cute yawn emanated from one of the colourful Crew as they reclined slightly in their chairs. The Captain then gave a small sigh before he then cleared his throat once more.

"Right, Everyone, It will be several Hours until we get to Polus... And I just heard someone yawn. So, With That, Ya'll are dismissed until we get to Polus. Okay?" The Captain then said, wearing himself a tired face as well. Most of the Crew agreed, but Grey and Magenta weren't so sure about it.

"Uhh, Captain Mortimer? What about the Flight Deck? Don't we need to monitor the telemetry or-?" Marko, the Grey-skinned bean then said before the Captain then gave a small groan in annoyance. He then planted his hands sown on the armrests of his seat before pushing himself out of the seat and onto his foot and Peg leg. "This Ship Ain't the Bus, Marko. I think we all need forty winks right now, and Although I Trust you and Kelsie with Navigation than anyone else, This is State-of the Art Tech that could practically fly itself. So, What I'm Saying is we leave it on AutoPilot for the moment and have a rest, Okay?"

"Okay, Sir." Both then said, and the Captain then looked on at everyone else, standing there listening to the whole Conversation. The Captain then decided to tease everyone a bit. "Well, What are you lot loitering around for? I dismissed you, didn't I? Captain's Orders: Go get a Well-deserved rest in your quarters, everyone! I know that I am."

With that, the Crew then filed out of the Flight Deck in a somewhat orderly fashion. Multicoloured figures barely 1 meter tall all then walked out to the Crew Quarters near the heart of the ship. Each roughly oblong room was big enough for a simple cot, storage area, desk and Hygeine area, without feeling too crowded. As the crew filed into their own rooms, the captain watched on, making sure that they were okay before he walked off. He always made sure his crew was okay before he took his leave in his own Quarters.

In The Meantime, Blue was lying in her cot, looking up at the ceiling for no particular reason. Content, her visor grew heavy, and she gave a cute yawn to herself as she felt herself drift off to sleep. However, before she could drift off further, a knock at her door then woke her up with a  startled squeak. She eventually got up and walked over to the door. Since dormancy rules were in effect, the doors could not be opened fully, Blue had to peer through what gap she could create between the door and doorframe.

"Uhh... Oh, It's you! Aren't you supposed to be asleep, Archie?" Blue then sleepily asked the figure who was outside: a Lime Crewmate male with an impressive set of curled horns on his head. He was nervously tracing the curvature of one of the horns with a finger, with his visor averted away for a second. He then tried to focus on her for a second.

"Oh, Hey Blue! Urm... I just couldn't sleep. I had to use the b-bathroom, and I just wanted to see if you're okay... heh..." Archie then nervously murmured, blush creeping through below his visor. Blue gave a cute giggle at him, and the two then looked on in fondness. Eventually, the two decided to part ways and go and have a rest. All the while Archie was walking back to his Quarters, he thought to himself: "I-I should really have told her... It'll wait until we get there."

Archie got back to his room and shut the door behind him. He then sat down on the side of his cot and picked up a small photo frame that was resting on the bedside table. The Photo was of him and Blue while they were on shoreleave on MIRA  HQ. It was just for Fun, but he wished to himself that they could make it work. He placed the photo down where it was originally, gave a quiet yawn and then laid down to get some rest. As his visor grew heavy, he then felt himself drift off to sleep, joining the rest of the crew in restful sleep.

The Captian was still awake in his quarters, however. This room was bigger than those of the Crew, and he had decorated it with personal trinkets and other lavish comforts. Instead of a cot, he had a full-blown double bed, and as Captain Mortimer lay sprawled on his back, he was still wide awake, looking at the ceiling. He couldn't so easily drift off to sleep like everyone else, his mind was still racing with thoughts and feelings. He had a weight to bear, and even thouh he knew he could trust his crew, he carries his own cross, so to speak.

"...Thinking about it will do nothing fot ya, Mortimer. Just get to sleep already!" He muttured in annoyance to himself as he treid to get to sleep. He then glanced over at the analogue clock that was beside him on his bedside table. The Soft ticking of the mechanical timepiece was always something that made him fall asleep. Eventually, even he felt his visor grow heavy, and he soon drifted off to sleep.

For Blue, her dreams were more fantastical than most this time. She floated through a dreamscape of clouds, mystery and visions of things that she couldn't comprehend. Passing by these visions, she saw scenes of some forgotten time play out like someone trawlng through a video library.

Some showed victories,
Others showed defeats.
Elating scenes where nobody dies...
And Devastating Scenes where few were left alive.

But... The one thing that kept nagging Blue as she dreamwalked through this strange vision... If these are memories from someone, then whose memories are they?! She couldn't make out anything what they were saying though. If she did, then she would have at least a name. Eventually, she drifted through the dreamscape and onto a deeper sleep, something that felt like forever, until all of a sudden...

"Hey, Blue? You okay?! OI!" A voice came ringing out of the darkness. Blue had to blink the Tiredness away from her visor several times before she could even begin to focus on anything. All the while, the voice kept trying to rouse her out of her slumber. "Hey! Wakey-wakey there, Blue! Goddess darn it..."

Eventually, she woke up to see two crewmates -one purple, one red- watching over her. She knew the two of them, and immediately gave a groan. "Oh... Strikers? Lucas? What's going on?! I thought the..." she looked at the clock to her side for a second and then back at the two. "Hey... Dormancy rules are still in effect, right?!"

"That's the kicker, Blue! It should, yet We could get out, no problem!" Strikers, the younger Red Crewmate with a security cap on his head and shades over his visor then said. Blue had managed to get up at this point, rubbing her head in an attempt to remove the tiredness.

Purple then added as he stood by Blue: "Look, Blue. Here's the plan. Blue and Strikers: You two are going to wake everyone up; Tell everyone to meet me in the Cafeteria as soon as possible, and then we're going to wake the Captain up. No matter what, we're going to get to the bottom of this." As Blue got up out of bed and followed Strikers out. Purple then looked on and muttered to himself: "There's something not quite right here. I mean, Why was Dormancy Rules lifted two hours before we reach Polus?!"

-To Be continued-