Chapter 3 - Debunked

It had been at least an hour since Blue and Archie had been woken up, and The two were walking through the hall leading to the cafeteria. The two were talking about random topics casually, not expecting anything, They were just about to step into the cafeteria when, all of a sudden, a klaxon rang out so suddenly, it made everyone jump in shock. Everyone came running to see what was going on.

Captain Ariel and Captain Xavier were on the call once again, and Captain Mortimer then looked back to see the crew back on the Flight Deck. "We have Bogeys on an inbond flight path from sector Delta. Is there any kind of telling who they are?!" Mortimer then said.

"No. The Bus' long-range scanners has a lock on them. However, we cannot seem to identify those ships. They're not us... Impostors were never space-fairing and are now extinct... we are facing a REAL Alien race here!" Xavier then said. Mortimer then looked around and then decided to suggest something.

"Right, We don't entirely know if they're hostile or not... So, I suggest we DO NOT FIRE." He then said as the mysterious ships then sped closter. The ships looked rugged and mismatched. They sported multiple repairs and damages like it was a trophy or something: It looks like Aliens for sure if they sport damaged ships like that, as any defective ships are a 'liability', according to MIRA. However, This wasn't the Time for Admiraton.

"This is The ship Lockehorn of HomoSapius Galaxia to unidentified spaceships. Please respond. We are Not going to attack you if you do not attack us. I Repeat: Weare not Hostile." Ariel then said over a hailing system. Then, all of a sudden, a reply came thorugh. It Was first contact, but...

"######. ######, ################?!" The strange language, which sounded like a combination of growling and chirruping syllables, then echoed through the comms. Not a single soul could actually understand a word that was said. Blue Then turned over to the video call and then said, with a giggle: "Uhh, Captain Ariel? I think they can't make any sense out of our language. IT doesn't look like they're hostile, just highly confused."

"You can understand what they're saying?!" Marko then asked Blue. Blue then shrugged and then said that she was only listening to the intenation of the words. Then, the Voice chirruped back through. "#########, ##########? #########... #########?" Blue then Got a brainwave.

She then typed in something in her computer panel, and then said: "Hey, Keep them talking. I'm working on an algorithm that could translate our language into theirs!" Mortimer, Ariel and Xavier looked on, intrigued. However, Lance then decided to but in.

"Hey! If That thing only works one way, then how are we going to know what's going on? What good is asking a question if we can't understand what the answer is or even if that's the accurate thing?!" Lance then said in a huff. Blue then looked back and then to Lance before she then boldly replied: "Because, Lance, If we have any chance of keeping everything calm, Sombebody will have to learn the language they're speaking. And by 'Someone', I mean Me: I'm going to learn their language. And Besides, What's the  worst that could happen?"

Mortimer and Ariel then looked at each other through the video call and nodded. It seemed almost as if the two were Intrigued about what was going to happen. They decided to let Blue try her little experiment out. Lance looked on, dumbfounded. However, Before anyone could even begin to turn thoughts in their mnd, a signal then alerted them.

"GREETINGS. CAN YOU -UNDERSTAND- THE TEXT?" Splashed over the screen. They were using Text to communicate. Mortimer then decided to hail the strange ships directly and then ask Blue to drop her experiment and type a confirmation.

"Y-E-S" was typed in thorugh the special communication channel. They waited for a response. It took a few moments, and the words then were typed onto their screen once again, overwriting the last set.

"WE CAN UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT SITUATION?"

Blue Then looked around the room. She was a bit confused about what this mysterious alien -She was Sure it was an Alien- was talking about. She then decided to type in one last thing into the comms. She hoped that Questions would be answered with this Reply.

"WE ARE POTENTIALLY THE VICTMS OF A HACKER IN THE SYSTEM. PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU KNOW WHO HACKED US. ALSO, WHY ARE YOU HERE?"

The Entire Fleet then remained silent. There was fingers crossed though all the people there. Everyone had their own hopes, and were left in suspension until, at last, there was a blip sound as a reply came in. "WE DO NOT KNOW. WE ARE ONLY HERE TO FIND SOMEONE OUR BENEFACTOR NEEDS. DO NOT WORRY, WE WILL RETURN THEM SAFELY IN GOOD FAITH. WE REQUIRE SOMEONE WHO HASN'T GOT A NORMAL BIOMETRIC SCAN."

It was at this point that even Mortimer had to intervene. He had to break the madness up and hail the ships directly, before anyone had any other ideas. He then grabbed the coms handset in a flash of color out from Kelsie's grasp and then immediately growled "You have got to be joking. If MIRA HQ, the company who we all works for, finds out that we might have someone like that on board, then we are all guilty by Proxy! We'll all be done in! You understand?!"

At first, silence, then a sudden incoming call came in. "Well, thanks for blowing the cobwebs out of our comms, dude! It's lucky they got me down the pipeline. I think I got the telepathic circuits functioning... somewhat. Now we don't have to Text like we're darn Retro. My commander was going to ask if you had a Biometric Scanner with DNA/RNA modulation capacities at minimum."

"What the heck are you talking about?!" Mortimer was just about to loose his cool, as if he hadn't already. "We have a MedScanner, but it only tells you if there's a percentage of errant DNA. That's how we used to root out an alien parasite... it doesn't do much, and MIRA refuses to update the Daim thing! No. Sorry, we don't, and we can't."

"...Well, I have an idea. If we use the Ship's scanners in conjunction with the Biometric scanner, then we could identify the person we need to find." One of the voices then asked. The other at first remained silent, but then spoke up. "Okay. It will take only but a few seconds, and we'll do a general scan. Perhaps we'll get lucky the first shot."

And, like what the strangers said, something whirred into life from outside the ship and a beam of green light scanned thorugh the ship so slowly, the tension was coming in thick as tar. everyone stood still, held breaths turned brightly coloured skin pale, Mortimer felt a ghostly hand on his shoulder... and then, as it receeded from one ship and to another slowly, everyone let their breaths go to steele their calm.

Once the Neon Green beam of Light flickered away, everyone released their collective held breaths almost in one go. Everyone was understandibly concerned. They had no idea why; only that they were concerned. any thoughts were scrambled and strewn about like confetti. Archie then stepped to Blue's Side qand held her hand to comfort her. Blue then looked to her side and leant towards him. Eventually, Mortimer got impatient.

"So, Do you have the results yet? Who even ARE you?!"

The Aliens on the other side of the comms were not immediately replying. Mortimer was just about to try and give them a piece of his mind when all of a sudden, a voice then rang up on the Comms. IT sounded like a female's voice, and she spoke perfect English.

"What do you think you're doing, you lot?! It's The girl in the Ship called 'Ice-Heart'! Look, First contact already's somwehat been managed! I know this kind of Alien, you dingbats!"

Everyone just looked at the Comms in so many types of faces; Ranging from Objectively confused to Straight-up giggling. And It just got worse from there. The Two-Way Comms from the Bus had opened, because Captain Xavier was just about to hail everyone, and the last sentence was broadcasted straight to all of MIRA's Fleet, lightspeed.

"Well, What a coincidence. This obviously Debunks everything (!)" Xavier then said, throwing his detached hands up in defeat as he wandered in a circle before going back to the comms and announcing to everyone: "Right, We're going to reconviene in a couple of hours while I Tell the higher Ups the nature of the issue. Also, The ship 'Ice-Heart'? Tell your so-called new allies to GET OFF OF The bleedin' Comms before having an Argument?!"

-To Be continued-