VIII. [S] | B.O.B. - BOMBS OVER BAGHDAD

WORD COUNT: 11.7K
TW: cursing, graphic depictions of violence, political suicide, heavy religious themes (it's a melting pot), conspiracies, mentions of the 80's crack epidemic and the Sierra Leone diamond trade, child abuse if you squint.
NOTE: this is part 1 to a 2-part chapter that got too long so I cut it in half lol (25K WORDS IN TOTAL...). Bombs Over Baghdad honestly fits the next chapter better along with Politicians In My Eyes but just read it lol. You are either 15 or 16 in the flashback depending on when your birthday is.

"STEP BY STEP, SLOWLY I
TURNED TO GIVE YOU THE
MESSAGE. LEARN BABY,
LEARN BABY, LEARN."

— FATHER'S CHILDREN. | DIRT AND GRIME

___________________________

𝚂𝙴𝚃𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶: 𝚂𝙰𝚅𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙰𝙷, 𝙶𝙴𝙾𝚁𝙶𝙸𝙰
𝙳𝙰𝚃𝙴: 𝙰𝚄𝙶𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝟷𝟹𝚃𝙷, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟹
𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙴: ?:?? 𝙿𝙼

FLASH!

FLASH!

FLASH!

"Ms. (L/N), can you tell us what happened to...!"

"(L/N)! (L/N)! Why is...?!"

"(L/N)!... canceled...why...?!"

Legs taller than the little girl could ever reach stood in front of her body, flashing the all too familiar camera lights to blind her of their faces.

"The Honorable Men's Society...!"

"We thought...Honorable Men's Society...taking care...?!"

"The society...recalling...why...?!"

She was backed into a corner. Only darkness surrounded her body, save for the overbearing lights and cameramen that wouldn't let up no matter how uncomfortable she seemed. So, she let her little 8-year-old legs spin 180° to sprint in the opposite direction, heading into an endless sea of mystery and darkness she wasn't sure she could reign victory over.

She caressed the fresh scar on her lower stomach, now limping to whatever destination had been in store for her.