Chapter Eight (end)

AN:
THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER YALL
IM SORRY TO END SO SOON BUT LETS BE REAL I WILL FORGET ABOUT IT SOOOO ENJOY THIS :)

NORMANS POV
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Each day Ray was getting more and more distant and I wasn't sure why. Have I said or done something wrong? Oh well i'll try not to dwell on it.

The next day I woke up with a lot of energy. I hopped out of bed and got dressed and combed my short white hair. I put in my shoes and headed to the cafeteria to see if there was any work to be done.
On my way I saw Phil running around with some of the littles. Seeing them have fun made me smile.

I got to the cafeteria and saw Ray. I tried to say hi but he didn't pay any mind to me and just waved. The smile I had on earlier slowly faded.

I must be doing something wrong.

"HEY NORMAN!" I saw an orange blob running up to me.

"Hi Emma." I smiled back. She looked at me with a confused face clearly seeing through my smile.

"What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you don't seem like your usual self, somethings up."

"Well.. I dunno." I sat down at one of the readied tables. "Somethings just been on my mind."
Emma followed and sat in the seat across from me.

"Well i'm not forcing you to tell me but maybe I can help."
I thought for a couple minutes debating whether or not I was going to tell her about what's going on with Ray. I didn't even know what's going on with him. But I might as well get it off my chest.

"Well, I don't know what I did but Ray keeps avoiding me or he will just completely ignore me when I try to speak to him."

"Have you asked him?"

"No.. but he won't even give me the chance to. He always finds a way to run off without having to face me."

"Well Ray is over there right now so you should try again and ask him what's going on." She said pointing towards the other side of the cafeteria where Ray was setting up the other tables.

"He's just gonna ignore me and walk away again." I replied with an annoyed expression.

"If he tries i'll stop him." She reassured with a smile.

"Thanks Emma but this is something I need to do on my own."

"Alright, but just tell me if you need my help." I nod and she left the table and went to go help mama with the rest of the morning chores.
Hey maybe I will try one more time to talk to Ray. I care about him to much.

RAYS POV
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was almost finished setting up the last table when I saw Norman walking towards me. I looked around and saw mama at the other end of the room.
I cant let her see us together.

"Hey Ra-" Norman said but was cut off when I started to walk away. He pulled my arm back restricting me from leaving.

"yo."

"Ray why are you ignoring me?" Norman responded still holding on my arm.

"Can you let go?"

"Oh y-yeah uh sorry." He released my arm and stood in front of me. "Do you not like me anymore?" His words surprising me. Of course I still like him. Hell, I might even be in love with him.

"Can we talk about this somewhere else?" I said while my eyes trailing back to mama. She was still at the other side of the room. As I looked back to Norman I saw his expression drop. It made my heart ache to see him sad.

"Y-yeah let's go somewhere else." He replied.
We went outside into the forest where nobody would find us.
We kept walking in an uncomfortable silence. Once we were deep enough in the forest we stopped at a tree.
There was still no words to be spoken so I looked at my shoes.
Norman broke the silence causing my head to pop back up to look at him.

"Did I do or say something to upset you?" He said.

"No, of course not."

"Then why are you ignoring me?"

"Well.. It's just that I don't want mama to figure out that we're together. I cant even imagine what she would do."

"You could have said something. I thought you hated me."
I felt so guilty for not telling him.

"I'm sorry." I said averting my eyes to my shoe laces once more.
He lifted my chin with his finger and looked into my eyes for a few moments then pulling me into a hug. It was a hug that felt like forever and I didn't want it to end. Norman pulled away and gave me a small kiss on my cheek. My face turning a light shade of pink I brought my arms in front of my face trying to hide my blush."

"It's ok, I forgive you." He said while pulling my arms down and kissing me on the lips this time. It was a short but passionate kiss as we placed all our love into it.

NORMANS POV
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We sat by the tree and just talked. Talked about random things like books or favorite foods. As I was talking about a new strategy I learned for tag I felt a little weight fall on my shoulder.

I looked down to see Ray asleep on my shoulder. He looked so perfect I couldn't help put move his hair behind his ear showing his whole face. He slept peacefully occasionally saying some no coherent words. I tilted my head onto his and fell asleep.