the void

your hands are scarred       from murder ,

and yet |

ᴛʀᴜꜱᴛ ᴛʜᴇᴍ

c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶l̶e̶y̶

- mattia

sweating and panting

i have technically 12 hours until xavier tries to kill the love of my life. and whatever happens at the end of it , is all in my hands. my only job tomorrow is getting everyone out of there safely , including myself.

i have been in this for 3 hours , my body has become immune for me to workout this late at night.

" mattia," a voice shouts behind me.

" what kairi?"

" you have been in this gym long enough , you need to sleep." kairi demanded.

" can't - do - that" i grunt and continue to aim at the punching bag. every time i look at it , i imagine xaviers face on it. " yes you can and you will , now come on."

i scoff and grab the small towel of the ground , wiping the sweat of my forehead. as much as i wanted to continue , i need to sleep. if i'm going for xavier he is gonna get the best of me.

" you win some , you lose some. except for you , you always win."

i shake out the voices in my head. ever since i found out avery was still alive , a small voice would appear and i can't control it.

" fight it or accept it | fear it or control it"

just fuck off!

i walk up the stairs and walk past avery's room. i have been trying to avoid going in there but something feels different tonight. i walk backwards and stop at her door. i place my hand on the door handle and hesitate to go in.

" just go you idiot!"

this thing never shuts up.

i pull the door open and cold air hits my face. walking in , i notice her scent is still in here. her bed is still freshly made. past her closet i look straight to the dresser , i get a glance of a picture frame. i pick it up and it was the time we went on an actual date together.

that smile.

"𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞. 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

i walk over to her safe and put in the code. the green light flashed indicating that it was open. forcing it open , i notice something shimmering in there. i pushed my hand through and it hit something. i pulled it out and it was the gun i gave her. why didnt she have this with her?

i looked to see if the knife was there but it wasn't. i slammed it shut and took the gun with me to my room. she is gonna need this.

___________

the next day

all night , i tried my best to get as much sleep but i couldnt. everything that's about to take place took over my mind. enough to block out the thing my body needs.