Chapter 7: This Nigga

* Star

I tossed and turned throughout my sleep. My nightmares felt as if they were getting worse. I suddenly heard a very sharp noise coming from my bedroom door as it creaked opened. My eyes snapped open and my body tensed.

"Babygirl? " I heard Malachi's voice say. My body relaxed and my eyes closed slowly as I felt her arms wrap around my waist.

" You scared me.." I mumbled as I became focused on going back to sleep.

" Shh, I'm sorry. Go back to sleep. " She pulled my body closer to hers. I felt safe, secure, and fully calm. That's all I needed, was for her to be here and holding me. I drifted off into a very peaceful, nightmare-free, sleep.

* Malachi

" Mick? Mickey, wake up. " I heard a voice whispering against my ear making me groan. I knew who that was.

" Yes ma? " I yawned, rubbed my eyes.

" Get up, girl! I want to take you and Star out to eat tonight. Okay? I have something to talk to y'all about... " Shaylee said, walking out the door quietly.

I sighed, starting to get out of the bed slowly.

"No, stay with me. " Star whined as wrapped her arms around my waist. I smiled.

" Come on babygirl, ma wants us to go out with her tonight. She has to talk to us about something. " I bent down and kissed her forehead. She was gorgeous and I'd stay here and lay by her side all day if I could.

She sighed, " Five more minutes. " She pulled my body closer to hers as she rearranged her head to lay on my thigh. I chuckled, picking up my phone.

Texts, missed incoming calls and Skypes, along with instagram and Twitter DMs from Nicole. This female just don't get it. I turned off my phone and physically shook my head. I could care less.

Looking down at Star, I smiled, again. She was so gorgeous. Kissing her forehead, all I could think about was this. This girl right here, she's mine. All mine.

" Why you smiling? " She mumbled as she began to rub her eyes and sit up slowly. I frowned. How the hell...

" What? " My frowned deepened.

" How the hell you know I was smiling? " I narrowed my eyes at her.

She giggled. " Cause I felt you stiffen and your lips were on my head Malachi. "

" You weird as hell. " I began to chuckle when she side-eyed me.

" Mhm. What did she need to talk to us about baby? " She asked. I grinned. 'Baby'. I could get use to it.. Shit..

She raised her eyebrow and frowned. " What? " I smirked.

" Nothing babygirl. " I replied, kissing her lips. She moaned, making me instantly feel some type of way.

Her tongue traced my bottom lip, asking for an entrance to deepen the kiss. I allowed it.

" Malachi! Star! GET UP NOW! " I heard Shaylee yell.

Grumbling soft words with an agitated look on her face, Star pecked my lips once more before going into the bathroom.

* Star

I went to work and Malachi came to pick me up around 6. We headed back to the house, prepared for dinner tonight with my mother and headed out to the restaurant that I've been dying to go to. The last time I was here was after my mother and father renewed their vows when I was 8.

" Hello, I am Shaylee Rodriguez and I made reservations for-" The waiter cut her off. Rude, or nah?

" Yes, Ms. Rodriguez, your table awaits. Right this way, please. "