chapter 1

Aizawa really regretted ever deciding to become a teacher. No amount of upped pay grade could make up for the complete atrocity that was U.A. For some unknown reason, Nezu had seen two random children on the street and immediately brought them back to U.A. after finding out they were homeless, or in their words, "traveling the world."

Now, Aizawa was stuck babysitting two energetic fourteen-year olds that were too curious for their own good, until Nedzu got back with Tsukauchi.

"Hey, Gon," the white haired one started, "Do you think Alluka is ok?"

The kid in question turned around from whatever he was doing—terrorizing Aizawa—and smiled at Killua.

"Yeah! I mean, c'mon, she's with Bisky, how much trouble could she be in?" Gon spoke. "Ne, Mr. Aizawa, have you ever been to YorkNew?"

Aizawa could already feel the onset migraine he was about to have with these kids.

"Do you mean New York?" he questioned.

Gon tilted his head. "No, I meant YorkNew. What's a 'New York?'"

Rubbing his head, Aizawa gritted out, "You are so lost. How the hell do you not know what New York is?"

Killua glared at him. "We know what YorkNew is. What the fuck is 'New York' ? Is that like some copycat version of YorkNew?"

Aizawa was done, so fucking done, with these children. As soon as he got home, he was going to pound a redbull and promptly pass out on the floor.  "I meant New York."

Gon smiled at him. "You're wrong, but that's ok! Everyone makes mistakes!" he beamed.

"Why," Aizawa groaned, under his breath. "Why does Nedzu do this to me."

Before Killua could respond, there were two sharp knocks on the door and Nedzu stepped in, followed by Tsukauchi and a frazzled All Might.

"Hello there!" Nedzu beamed. "We are back, with company!"

Practically melting into his seat, Aizawa groaned and buried himself into his scarf.

"Woah!" Gon yelled. "Why is he so tall!"

All Might coughed in surprise, blood splattering everywhere.

Grossed out but also mildly concerned, Gon asked, "Are you ok, mister?"

Nodding in thanks, All Might smiled and sat down.

"Ok!" Nedzu spoke. "Time to get this meeting started."

Tsukauchi nodded and flipped open a booklet, before turning to the two boys.

"So," he started, "why exactly were you on the streets?"

Gon seemed to think for a moment before lighting up.

"We we're running from Illumi, because you know, he's Illumi, when Alluka asked for a hug. Obviously I said yes, and since I already had two requests stored up, I made a wish! Then next thing I know, I'm here!"

Not sensing any lies, Tsukauchi questioned, "What was that wish?"

"To be safe from Illumi!"