-social cues-

—NSFW—

Dream was an avid concert-goer in his hometown of Orlando. Any chance he got, he would visit local venues where admissions were cheap and he could get the thrill of loud instruments through his senses. Most of the time, it was little concerts like up-and-coming artists with only a few hundred listeners on Spotify. Occasionally, though, he'd catch himself at bigger shows (whether he was aware of it or not). Something about these shows was far more exhilarating. There, he could stand in front of the stage with hundreds of sweaty bodies around him while he jumped around to the unknown lyrics being blasted from the speakers.

Along the way, he had made friends who seemed to enjoys these little shows as much as he did. They let him in on deals on tickets, or inside information on upcoming concerts with big names. Because of them, they fed the unhealthy obsession that drained his bank account but gave him that high he craved. These nights he spent getting drunk and having his eardrums blown out, but he didn't mind. He loved the atmosphere.

One Friday night, he got ready to go out to a show that his friend Sapnap has told him about. Some more popular band was playing that he managed to score cheap tickets to, and, knowing how often he attended concerts, offered a discounted ticket to Dream. Of course, he accepted so that maybe his bank account wouldn't take too much damage from that night.

He dressed in a dark, olive green t-shirt with a pair of black, ripped jeans, accompanied by his Doc Marten's that he had broken in years prior. Subtle jewelry littered his body, including a couple of rings, a simple chain around his neck, and silver studs on his ears. Typically, he would wear that or something similar just on the off chance his shirt got ripped. He wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good band t-shirt.

The venue Sapnap had sent him to was much larger than what he was used to. Of course, it wasn't an entire standout but it was a little bit more than just a bar with a stage. Stepping out and locking his car, he could hear his name being called.

"Dream!" Sapnap came up to him from the front of the building.

He smiled down at his friend as he stuffed his keys in his pocket. "Hey, Sapnap," he greeted him kindly, "this place is huge, how'd you score such cheap tickets?"

A smirk developed from his grin at the question. "I know a guy who works here. He got me a nice discount for me and a plus one, and I don't know anyone else who would really like this kinda music," the shorter man replied truthfully while they walked together to the entrance.

"Oh god, what am I getting myself into?" The blond groaned, rolling his head back.

"It's nothing bad, I swear. You'll like it, Dream, I promise," he assured him while waving his hands in defense.

The two walked past a poster by the front of the building with the performers listed for the week:

June 15: Cage The Elephant (8:00 pm)

Honestly, he had never heard of them but if Sapnap thought they were alright, then surely they couldn't be that bad. Generally, the two had pretty similar music tastes and didn't disagree on much music-wise.

The two showed their tickets at the door and got a black mark on their hands, per standard at that point. The lights were dim on the inside as the band was moments away from starting their set. To get started, Dream went ahead and ordered himself a beer to loosen up before. A huge crowd of people already stood at the front of the stage, waiting as if they were the best things of their life right then. Dream never understood that, the fan mentality. Sure, he had enjoyed music from specific artists, but never got why some people got obsessed to the point they were overjoyed to see the band play. So much to the point where they were practically drooling.