Too Late (Jennie POV)

Its been a week since my dad being admitted to the hospital. Thank god, he woke up on the 3rd day after the operation day. I'm actually scared. I'm afraid I won't have much time to spend with him. But I'm lucky. I'm so grateful that my dad recovered so fast. I'm glad he is strong and healthy. Honestly, I couldn't even concentrate with my studies as my father still laying in the hospital's bed. I was having such a rough patch. My mind is literally just him all the time. Maybe because I felt guilty for putting him in that spot. So I never feel at ease.

You don't have any idea how relieved I felt after he open his eyes. I decided to fix what's broken in my family. I need to take a responsibility after all of this trouble. I want to repair our connection. Today I made my father's favourite food. I want him to know that I care. "Dad, I made your favourite meal" I told as I take a sit next to his bed. He's smiling softly while I took out his foods from a paperbag. "Jennie, its okay give me that" my dad insist, it seems like he want to feed himself. "You sure?" I told checking his condition. "Yes sweetie" he repond as he lay his hand infront of me. Hesitantly I give it to him together with the spoon. I keep looking at him waiting for his feedback. "Yumm! This is really good" he complimented. I put a soft smile feeling content.

A moment later he finished. "Jennie, I'm sorry" he apologized, he looks sad. I was stunned. Why would he say that. I'm the one who should be blame. I hurt him. "Dad, its okay, you didn't do anything wrong" I replied trying to comfort his emotion. "No, I was wrong. I shouldn't have force you. I was too greedy that for a moment I forgot to think about your happiness" he elaborated. Suddenly I felt like I'm about to cry. I felt touched. "You may smile to me jennie, but I know you're not happy. I can see it through you eyes. My lovely daughter, I'm sorry" he added. I thought I could hide my emotion, I was trying so hard to act strong infront of him. But then,tears just rolling on my cheeks. I started to burst into tears and hugged my dad looking for comfort. I was suffering. Eventually the burden that bugging me started to fade. Now we're cool.

--

Today I feel so much better. My mind is clear and I'm back on my track again. I'm currently standing infront of my locker preparing my schedule. Everybody does the same. All of sudden I'm curious. How's lisa? I know some of you didn't like the idea of me letting her go. But I'm literally stucked. I was panicking. I'm scared with a possibility of losing a family member. So I need to focus on one thing. But since my dad has fully recovered. So now I'm gonna focus on lisa.

It seems like she hasn't arrived yet. Is she absent? I couldn't stop thinking about her in my class. Eventually I didn't see her for the rest of the day. She's not even in the library or on the college rooftop. All of sudden I felt worried. I swear I'll do whatever it takes to get her back. I'll explain everything to her. I hope she will understand my situation.

Later that afternoon, I went to her place. I took a chance to buy her favourite chocolate milk, I want to be with her again. I know, she probably confused and mad. I just hope she will give me a chance. I'll stick to her no matter how long it takes. Soon I press the bell. But she didn't open the door. Is she avoiding me. I press the bell again and still no respond. Suddenly I remember she put her spare door card under the flower pot infront of her place. So I try to check it and yes, I found it.

A moment later I get in. Why is it so quiet. Where is she? So I examined her place futher. It felt like something is off, I couldn't figure it out yet, but I'm sure some stuff just not here. Soon I get into her bedroom. Okay, why does her bed look so neat and where is her other stuff? My heart started to race by the changes in the room. Where is her books? And where is her other product on the dresser? I'm confused. Don't say she's leaving. Hastily I open her wardrobe. I was stunned. Its empty. Suddenly I feel terrified. Where is she going?? I'm literally in a verge of breaking down. I feel suffocate by her disappearance. Rushly I went down to the security guard to ask him about lisa whereabout.

My heart broken the moment I know she left the country like a week ago. Now I realised, Its too late to fix us.