❝ twenty ❞

"Mommy!" Sunoo called, running back into the house.

"Yes baby?" Seungmin asked, finishing placing the cut up sandwiches onto the plates.

"Daddy said you should come outside in the pool" Sunoo said, tugging on his wrist.

"I'll be out in 2 minutes. I'm just finishing yours and your brother's lunch" Seungmin replied, patting the 5 year-old on the head.

Sunoo just nodded before running back outside to join Hyunjin and Haneul.

Seungmin placed a few strawberries on the boys plates, smiling as he cut them into little hearts.

"Lunch time babies" Seungmin called, carrying out the two plates. It was currently early september and they were in the middle of a heatwave, so the family spent most days out in their garden, either in the pool or just relaxing.

The two little boys came running over, taking their seats at the outside dining table.

Seungmin placed a plate down in front of them, kissing both of their heads before going over to Hyunjin who was lying on one of the sun loungers next to their pool.

"Hey babe" Hyunjin greeted, patting the space next to him.

Seungmin just lay on top of Hyunjin instead, wrapping his arms around his waist as he hurried his head in his chsst.

Hyunjin laughed softly, patting Seungmin's fluffy brown hair.

"What's got you so cuddly?"

"It's just, lately I've been really having these feelings that we're missing something, you know?"

"And that is?" Hyunjin questioned as Seungmin lifted his head to look up at him.

"Another baby.." Seungmin said slowly.

Hyunjin smiled softly, placing a kiss on Seungmin's lips.

"If you're happy to have another one, then i'm happy too. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to try for that girl you said you wanted" Hyunjin giggled.

"Yeah yeah knowing our luck we'll have our own little army of baby boys" Seungmin laughed gently.

"Mm we'll love them no matter what. And i love you" Hyunjin said as Seungmin buried his head back into his chest.

"I love you too" He mumbled, hearing the heartbeat of his husband as he relaxed in his hold.

-

"Daddy no" Haneul giggled, kicking his little legs around. Hyunjin was holding him up in the air in the pool, threatening to drop the little boy.

"And why shouldn't I, hm?" Hyunjin said, lowering him slightly before dropping him into the water.

He made sure to catch him as the little boy squealed, loud giggles escaping his mouth.

"Again again!" he shouted, kicking water in Hyunjin's face with his legs.

Seungmin just giggled as he watched them, pushing Sunoo around on an inflatable dolphin.

The little boy wasn't the greatest fan of swimming unlike his younger brother, so he preferred to spend his time going down the water slide or on the inflatable toys instead.

"Daddy I want a go!" Sunoo called, trying to get off the dolphin.

Seungmin lifted him onto his shoulders, swimming over the best he could to Hyunjin who was at the other end.

He took Haneul from Hyunjin's arms before helping Sunoo into his daddy's hold instead.

"Let's get some more sun cream on you" Seungmin said, taking Haneul out of the pool.

The little boy ran over to the sun loungers, taking his towel in his chubby hands before rolling himself into it.

Seungmin giggled, patting the boy's wet hair as he grabbed the sun cream.

He helped dry the little boy off before reapplying the substance, earning some giggles from the boy.

"Now you can go play again" Seungmin said.

Haneul toddled back over to the edge of the pool, making a tiny jump in towards his daddy and brother. Since he was only 2 years old, he had these little arm bands which Seungmin found absolutely adorable.

Seungmin took a seat on one of the sun loungers, relaxing as he watched his little family, hoping that next year there would be 3 little kids there playing with Hyunjin.