Chapter 1

Growing up my entire world consisted of three rooms, and my father. At first I only had one room but as I got older he showed me more space, and gave me more freedom. As this happened he spent less time with me, and more time on his computer. I remember the first time I finally asked.

"Daddy. What are you doing?" I said, trying to look at the screen.

"Oh honey I'm just watching over a game." he said, scooping me up and sliding the computer away, putting the screen halfway down so I couldn't see. As of course a little child would, I just become more interested and determined.

I grew up with an interest in games. We had many bookcases, and there were books on just about everything, so at age 9 I started studying coding.

When I was 11 I found out exactly what kind of game he was watching over.

Every year there's a "game" where a hundred people are put into an arena and one by one kill each other. Dad had the power to make it easier or harder. By giving weapons, food, and whatever else he wanted.

When I found out of course I was horrified. For a while after that, until he told me about The Tower. I'll tell you about that later. It was then that I decided sometime in the future I would find a way to stop the games. From that moment on I immersed myself deep in coding and learned everything about the games and took as much knowledge as I could. I'd take everything the games embodied and used it against the people who created it.