Reasons

I apologize for the wait on this chapter. Each chapter from here on out will be dealing with a lot of dark themes. Please do not continue reading this story from this point on if you are not in a place mentally where you can handle it. With that said each chapter is going to take me more time to write as I try to handle having to write it out myself. I'll try to stick to a better updating schedule as I get back into writing but expect to wait at least a few weeks between chapters. Thank you so much for all the kind comments and I will see you in the next chapter loves. {Also, I'm having a hard time coming up with title chapters so if you have any ideas throw them in the comments and I'll see where we go from there.}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco grew quiet as they drew closer to the castle. The pain had faded, replaced with a dull throbbing through his upper arm. Hagrid was mumbling something under his breath and Draco figured it had something to do with the consequences that his decision would have on him and Buckbeak. When Hagrid finally stopped mumbling they had already made it to the hospital wing. Madame Pomfrey met them at the door and looked surprised to see Draco almost hidden by Hagrid's hands.

"Hagrid! What are you doing here? Put the poor boy on the bed, will you?" Madame Pomfrey scuttled back and forth between the bed and her salves cabinet as Hagrid did what she said.

"He 'ad a run in with Buckbeak," Hagrid explained.

"Hagrid," Pomfrey sighed and just shook her head. She motioned for Draco to give her his arm. Draco hesitated, afraid of what she would see hidden under his cloak. But that was why he was here.

Hagrid shifted from right foot to left and back again. Looking more like a school child being reprimanded by a teacher than an actual teacher. Madame Pomfrey sighed again and looked back at where Hagrid stood.

"Why don't you go check on your other students?"

"Oh! Yes! I'll do jus' that!" Hagrid almost ran out the door.

Madame Pomfrey shook her head. Draco could feel her gaze on his cloak, where the arm of it was ripped and soaked in blood. Without Hagrid in the room it was much easier to shrug out of the garment and show his arm. The bandages that Draco had wrapped around his arm that morning were falling off in pieces and slid the rest off the way off without the sleeve covering them.

Madame Pomfrey said nothing about it as she looked his arm over to see the extent of the damage. The cuts were barely visible white lines. Almost nonexistent on his pale arm. The large gash that Buckbeak had caused ran from shoulder to wrist and looked jagged and broken. It reminded Draco of himself. Madame Pomfrey went into a lecture about Draco listening to his teachers and being more careful around magical creatures but Draco tuned her out. Too busy thinking about how his father would react and how to deal with it. Because Lucius would be getting a letter from the school about this. Soon enough Pomfrey had finished wrapping his arm tightly in bandages and telling him to rest. The blood loss wasn't bad enough to warrant a transfusion but it was bad.

As Draco sat in the bed, flipping through an old copy of medicinal herbs, the door creaked open slowly. Assuming the approaching footsteps were headed for Madame Pomfrey's office just past where he sat, Draco didn't bother looking up. At the sound of a chair scraping across the floor his head shot up. The sight of Harry setting the chair next to his bed and sitting down surprised him. The two boys sat in silence for a while. Harry not bothering to look at Draco and Draco not able to remove his eyes Harry.

"What are you doing here?" Draco asked, breaking the tense silence that had settled over them.

"I came to check on you. I know that you're not stupid enough to approach a hippogriff without respecting it," Harry said.