chapter 11

At this moment, in the dark green water of the lake, a long shadow flitted by, circling the boats. After Jiang Cheng had finished cutting at the water spirits on his side, he was still careful about not missing anything. Upon seeing the shadow, he immediately yelled out, "It's coming again!"

luo wuxian and lan wangji stopped looking at each other like lovebirds hearing the shout and was alert and on-guard

Several disciples rowed, propelling forward, and used nets to chase after the shadow in the water. There was another shout on the other side, "They're here too!"

In the water on that side, there was also a shadow that turned and passed them, and several narrow boats dragging nets sped over; however, they didn't capture anything. Luo Wuxian said intentionally, "How strange. This shadow's form doesn't look human. "

Luo wuxian mentally rolled his eyes and thought ' i know its not human'

and continued "It's also long then short, large then small...Lan Zhan, beside your boat!"

Responding to this, Bichen unsheathed from Lan Wangji's back and pierced the water. After a brief moment, it flew out of the lake with a sharp whistle, bringing along with it a rainbow of water. Yet, it didn't pierce anything either.

He held his sword in his hand, his expression cold and solemn, and just as he was about to speak, another disciple on the side also cast out his sword, stabbing at the shadow that swiftly swam past underwater. However, after his sword had entered the water, it never came out. He performed the sword tactic (1), summoning it again and again, but nothing was summoned out of the water. It was as if his sword had been swallowed up by the lake water and disappeared without a trace. This disciple seemed to be a youth who was around the same age as Luo Wuxian and the others. Having lost his sword, his face grew paler and paler. 

On the side, a senior disciple said, "Su She, at present, we haven't figured out what the thing in the water is. Why did you make your sword enter the water without permission?"

Su She looked somewhat nervous, but his expression could still be considered calm. "I saw the Second Young Master make his sword enter the water too..."

He realized before he finished speaking that these words had no sense of propriety. No matter what, if it were Lan Wangji or the sword, Bichen, other people couldn't compare. Lan Wangji could summon his sword into the water without a problem when the opponent was unknown, but other people may not necessarily be able to. His complexion was pale, yet some redness from shame also showed through as if he had been humiliated, and he glanced at Lan Wangji. However, Lan Wangji didn't look at him, his attention fixed on the water, and in a flash, Bichen was unsheathed once more.

This time, the blade of the sword wasn't inserted into the water, and instead, the tip of the sword stirred, fishing out a piece of the shadow that whizzed by in the water. A wet, black mass fell onto the floor of the boat with a plop. Luo Wuxian stood on his toes to look and saw that it was actually a piece of clothing.

Luo Wuxian laughed, nearly plunging headfirst into the lake, and he said, "Lan Zhan, you're so amazing! It's the first time I saw someone pull off a water spirit's clothes while capturing water spirits."

Lan Wangji simply examined Bichen's tip to see if there was anything unusual, and it seemed as if he had already planned to not converse with him.

 Jiang Cheng remarked, "You should shut up. What swam over just now really wasn't a water spirit. It was merely a piece of clothing!"

Of course Luo Wuxian saw it clearly as well, but he would just feel uncomfortable all over if he didn't tease Lan Wangji with a few words, and he replied, "The thing that swam around just now was really this piece of clothing? No wonder the nets couldn't catch it, swords couldn't stab it, and its shape kept changing. But a piece of clothing can't swallow a divine sword. There is definitely something else in the water."