12- The next step forward

Oh God I just realised that George's ex is called Zack and that is the real name of Skeppy... It's a coincidence I guess

--------------Time skip--------------

Two months later.

George had a few more panic attacks but none of them were as bad as the one with the bathroom mirror. He was currently sitting in the kitchen waiting for Bad to join him. The brunette had been told to meet him there for a 'house meeting'. Apparently there was going to be some sort of special announcement which sounds like a big deal but George wasn't worried; usually when this happened Bad just wanted to talk about house chores.

He had been waiting for almost ten minutes and just when he was about to leave, Bad entered the small kitchen and nervously sat at the table, not making eye contact with George.

"Finally. What did you want to talk about?" George bluntly asked.

"If I tell you, can you promise not to freak out?" Bad was playing with the hem of his hoodie and still didn't look at George even though he was talking to him.

This made George suddenly nervous.

"Uh... Okay I guess."

"No I need you to promise."

"Okay... I promise. Now what is it?" There were hints of impatience and curiosity in his voice.

"Alright. There's no real way to say this so I'm just going to say it." Bad looked up at George and continued. "I'm going to live with Skeppy."

George looked at him with a blank expression and then smiled.

"Well that's great! You guys are finally taking it to the next level." He was confused as to why Bad was so nervous.

"Well yeah it is a good thing but I don't think you get it. That means I will move out of this apartment and you'll be... alone."

George was silent, taking this all in. He didn't want to live by himself, not only because he couldn't take care of himself but also because he gets lonely very easily. I should be happy for him. But I'll be all alone. Panic started to go through his mind.

"Wait but you- you can't leave" George stuttered. "I can barely look after a plant, let alone myself!"

"I think you can do it. You've got a good job so you don't actually need a roommate for the money."

"I d-don't need money. I need you." George gasped between some of his words, clearly on the edge of panicking. 

"Well I guess you can find yourself another roommate eventually." Bad suggested as the brunette got up and stormed out of the kitchen.

"You said you wouldn't freak out." Bad mumbled. But George was already out of the kitchen and in the hall way. He grabbed his phone and keys before walking out of the apartment and slamming the door behind him.

George started jogging when he got out of the building. He wasn't really wearing the right clothes for a run but he didn't care. He didn't know where he was going but it felt good to get some fresh evening air.

Eventually the jog turned into a sprint. Usually this would be too much for him but he didn't care about the burning feeling in his lungs.

Eventually he turned up at a familiar place that he had been to a few times these last few months. 

Dream's place.

He didn't mean to go there. His mind just took him there, knowing Dream made him feel safe and happy.

Without hesitation he rung the doorbell, barely being able to wait for Dream to talk to him and tell him it was all going to okay.

George heard a buzz meaning he could open the door. He did so and walked quickly up the stairs. Then he knocked loudly and urgently at the door.

Dream opened with a smile but it faded when he saw George's state. He was panting from the fast sprint and there were a few tears on his cheeks. George hadn't realised he had been crying so he brought his hand up to his face and wiped them away which just attracted more attention to them.

"George are you alri-" He was cut off when the brunette flung himself at him, wrapping his arms around the taller's neck in a warm hug. Dream was surprised at first but he wrapped his arms around the other's protectively. I'll kill whoever did this to him.

A minute passed of them just standing in the doorway, hugging tightly. Dream was rubbing circles in his back with one hand and running his other hand through George's soft, thick hair.

"George..." Dream whispered into George's ear, giving him goose bumps. "Can you tell me what happened?"

George sighed and broke out of the hug, walking inside. He let Dream lead them into the living room where Karl and Sapnap were sitting. 

They took one look at George clinging onto George's arm and his tear stained face and instantly knew something was up.

"What happened George?" Karl asked with a very concerned expression. 

"I'm fine." George said simply which only made Karl more concerned.

Realising the living room was occupied, Dream lead George out through the corridor and through to his bedroom leaving the three with many questions. George had been clinging onto his arm this entire time and didn't stop when they got to the room. Dream sat down on the side of the king sized bed, making George sit down too. Still he clung to Dream's arm tightly.

"Can you talk to me now?" Dream softly asked.

"It's really not a big deal. I know I'm just overreacting." George replied with a very obviously forced smile.

"It doesn't matter if you're overreacting or not. If something or someone made you feel bad in even the tiniest way, I want to know."

George looked up at Dream, trying to find a good way of wording this. "Bad is moving out and leaving me for Skeppy." He was embarrassed at how big of a deal he was making this.

"I'm so sorry George. Are you just going to stay alone in your apartment?"

"I have no idea that's the whole problem. I think I need someone to live with who can take care of me." His voice raised as he started getting panicked again. The truth was that George was scared of what he would do to himself if someone wasn't watching over him. He was slightly traumatised about what had happened that one time when he had a panic attack and punched the mirror. Who knows what would happen if Bad hadn't stopped him.

"Hey, calm down. It's going to be fine."

"You don't know that!" George buried his face into Dream's shoulder making the blonde tense up. He forced the butterflies down.

"Why don't you just... actually never mind."

"Why don't I what?" George's words were muffled in Dream's sweatshirt.

"It's a stupid idea."

"Please tell me Dream."

"I was going to say why don't you move in here, but I know that's a dumb idea."

George's breath caught in his throat. Somehow he hadn't expected that at all. He tried thinking of reasons why not to move in with Dream but there weren't any. Slowly he lifted his head off Dream's shoulder and looked him in the eyes.

"If that is definitely okay with you and the other three... I don't see why not."

~1206 words~

I love a good cliff hanger

Weird emoji of the day: 🥌 I think it's from that strange ice sport in the winter Olympics? Feel free to educate me if you know what it is btw

-Esme ✌🏽