Episode 2 ~ What are parents?

After piggybacking on Tai's head for a few minutes, we began to hear a strange ringing sound. It was coming from the beach.

"Wait a minute, listen, what's that?" Asked Tai, as I played with his hair.

"A phone." Matt exclaimed.

"Either that or we're all hearing things." Sora said, a suspicious look on her face.

Everyone rushed to the beach where six glass boxes were.

"What are phone booths doing on the beach?" Sora asked.

"Isn't it obvious?! They're here for people to call their parents to pick them up." Replied Joe.

"Sora, what's a parent?" I asked, hugging Kittymon.

"I'm so outta here!" Joe cried.

"Well, Ima-chan, parents are the people who raise you. It's their job to love and take care of you while you grow up." Replied Sora, her face sad.

"Does everyone have parents?" I asked, curious. "I don't think I have parents."

"Of course you have parents, Ima-chan. We just have to find them!" Tai said, as Matt helped me down.

"Hey Ima-chan, do you know how to play hopscotch?" Asked T.K.

"No, will you teach me?" I asked, accidentally dropping Kittymon.

"Hey! Watch it, Ima." She complained.

"Sorry, Kit." I said, trying to apologize.

"My name is KITTYMON! Not Kit!" She exclaimed! "Why do you insist on calling me that?!"

"Because it's cute!"

"It's not cute, it's irritating!"

"I'm in charge here, and I say it's cute!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

Everyone, except Joe who was obsessed with the phone booths, watched us bicker back and forth. Dreammon shock her head with disappointment, while Freemon tried to flirt with Biyomon.

"Ima-chan, are you ready to play?" T.K. asked, excited to be able to play with someone his own age.

"Yep." I ran over to T.K. falling in the process.

I began to cry, my leg bleeding. I could feel my hair growing. It did that when I cried for some reason. The group ran over.

"Woah, look at her hair grow. You should let me work on it sometime, Ima-chan" Mimi said, happily.

"Mimi, stay focused. Can't you see this isn't the time!" Exclaimed Sora. She seemed angry. I think Sora would make a great 'parents'. Maybe she'll agree to be my 'parents'? "Who has the emergency bandages?"

"Look! Joe has the emergency supplies!" Tai said, pointing at the 'phone booth' that Joe was in.

"Joe! We need you. Ima-chan got hurt!" Tai shouted at him. Tai would make a great 'parents', too!

"Tai, you don't have to worry about me." I said, as I suddenly stopped crying. "I'm fine."

Everyone looked at me shocked. My leg looked fine.