Episode 1 ~ Finding Imagen

This story begins six minutes into episode 2 of the first season of Digimon: Digital Monsters.

"These trees are beautiful..." The girl named Sora said, as I woke up. I had been following a group of seven kids with my digimon partners, Dreammon, Kittymon, and Freemon, when I had fallen asleep in a tree.

"Yeah, they're very different. And I just thought they were subtropical." Replied 'Izzy'.

"Whatever they are, they're aggravating my hay fever!" 'Joe' complained.

"Hey Joe, is there anything you don't complain about?" Asked 'Matt'.

As they continued to search for whatever they were looking for, Kittymon pushed me out of the tree. Hearing me crash they slowly turned around. I quickly sat up from my mortifying face-plant.

"Hi?" I said, hesitantly.

The person known as 'Tai' told everyone to get behind him and started to question me.

Who was I? Ima-chan.
Where did I come from? I don't know.
Was I following them? Yes.
Why? Because I was alone.
How old was I? Five.
Why did I have 3 digimon? I have 4.
Where's my fourth digimon?
I pointed at myself.
I, Imagen, am half digimon.

After Tai interrogated me, everyone huddled together.

"You guys can seriously be thinking about taking her with us are you?! We don't know anything about her. AND we can barely take care if ourselves, let alone a child!" Joe said, upset that no one was listening to him.

"I hate to admit it, guys, but Joe's right on this. We really can't take care of a kid right now. We just can't." Replied Sora.

"So we leave her here?!" Said Tai. "What's wrong with you all?! So we can barely take care of ourselves. We leave her here?! Where anything could happen? She's five!"

I began to feel angry. I knew I was young but I could take care of myself. I could feel the heat rushing to my palms. No! Not now! Now was not the time to show them. I didn't know of I could ever show them.

In the end they decided to take me with them. It wasn't until later that we learned how important I was going to be to the group.