Chapter 2

Present

"You girls need to start heading to school" Jisoo said as she started to pick up the plates from breakfast.

"Why are we going so early?" Haein asked.

"We need to study and I need to go work on my singing" Arden said as she buttoned up her coat and grabbing her backpack.

"You're already the perfect singer" Hyunjoo said as she caught up with Arden.

"Thank you."

The three walked out the door and took the elevator to the lobby to head to school.

Once when they were at school, they each parted their separate ways and Arden made way to her class. When she walked in, she saw students crowding Eunbyeol's desk.

"They must be trying to be friends with Eunbyeol after seeing her moms performance" Arden thought as she put down her backpack, which alerted everyone who was present inside the classroom.

"Arden-ah, have you seen Director Cheon's performance?" One of them asked as she nodded her head.

"It was a very nice performance" she answered as she grabbed out her stuff from her backpack.

She studied over her notes for the practical exam and heard her phone go off in her pockets. She paused her studying and pulled out her phone.

She clicked on the notification and read the headline. "Chairman Joo Dantae of J King Holdings and Director Cheon Seojin of Cheong Ah Foundation are engaged."

Arden's eyes widened at the headline. She really didn't see that coming from a mile away. She put her phone down and resumed her studying. She saw in the corner of her eye of a reminder to go to the study cafe after school for the SNU prep course.

- • -

"Dad, have you heard about Mr.Joo and Director Cheon getting engaged?" Haein asked as she put down her fork.

"I heard about it when I finished one of my surgeries today. The news was so unexpected" Mr.Jo responded as he took a sip of water and then cleared his throat. "How's the SNU prep course?"

"I'm glad Eunbyeol invited me in even though we're not exactly friends now" she answered.

"Well that's good. You should focus on getting into SNU" Jisoo said as she smiled.

"Since you're dating Seokhoon, does that mean you're technically dating Eunbyeol's brother?" Hyunjoo asked and Arden glared at her playfully across the table.

"Don't remind me."

"You two, eat up please!"

Arden nodded and continued eating her dinner. When she finished, she excused herself and went into her room.

She heard her phone ring and went to go look at it. Her mother's contact popped up and she immediately pressed decline. Arden didn't want to talk to her.

"You should talk to your mother" Jisoo said as she walked into Arden's room. "It might be something important."

"I don't want to talk to her. I haven't talked to her since you and dads wedding. And I want to keep it that way" Arden said.

"One day, you should pick up the call. She might want to apologize" Jisoo said.

"My mom is not the person who apologizes" Arden said. "I'm going to study."