Part I: We Were Built to Fall Apart Chapter 21

*Taylor's Birthday*
"Happy birthday, love!" she felt a kiss on her cheek. Taylor woke up, her vision out of focus. She blinked rapidly a few times and her eye sight finally focused on Harry.
She shrieked while pulling her covers up higher, "What are you doing here? How'd you get here?" she demanded.
"The hotel manager let me in," Harry simply said. Taylor made a note to herself to talk to the manager about letting people in her room without permission.
"Well, that was very sweet and er...thoughtful of you," Taylor smiled.
"So do you have any plans for today?" Harry asked while sitting down at the foot of her bed.
"I'm going out for lunch with Selena and that's pretty much it," Taylor shrugged.
"Great! So that means I get to hang out with the birthday girl for the rest of the day," he cheered. "Oh and by the way, I handpicked 25 roses from my garden for you. It's on the kitchen table."
"Oh my god, Harry that's so kind and sweet of you!" Taylor beamed, looking at him in awe. "I would kiss you but ugh--morning breath," she said while getting up to go to the bathroom. She was wearing a large T-shirt that barely covered her thighs. Harry couldn't tear his eyes away from her long, smooth and creamy legs until Taylor's voice broke his trance. "Have you had breakfast yet? You could go get something out there while waiting for me."

"Uh-uh yea, okay. I'll do that," he stuttered.

Harry went to Taylor's kitchen and browsed through the cupboards. He settled with a bowl of Lucky Charms and began eating just when Taylor came out. He almost choked, seeing Taylor. Her beauty radiated in the morning light. Glossy wavy hair fell perfectly over her shoulders with no flyaways whatsoever. Her heart shaped lips were painted red and stood out against her porcelain skin. She was wearing a sun dress with flats. Taylor took notice of the roses and walked over to the table. A little card stood next to it and Taylor picked it up, silently reading it to herself.

My love, Taylor:

Happy 25th birthday! Honestly, Taylor, you don't know how much I am grateful for you. Everyday I think, God I am just so lucky to have her in my life. I'm glad fate brought us together and I can't imagine my life without you. I love you so much.

-Harry

"I love you too, Harry," tears glistening in her eyes as she engulfed him in a bear hug. He hugged her tightly, able to feel her heartbeat. Taylor pushed a lock of Harry's curls out of her eyes which were tickling her.
"Have you been thinking about getting a haircut?" Taylor laughed.
"Is there something wrong with it?" Harry frowned slightly, running his hand through hair.
"No--well, it's just long that's all."
"Gotta go now. The spare key is in that cookie jar, just lock the door when you go out." Taylor instructed Harry. He just nodded while munching loudly on the cereal.
-
"Happy Birthday BFF!" Selena hugged Taylor.
"Thank you," Taylor said with a warm smile.
The two decided to meet at a little fancy bakery/cafe, Boudin. Taylor absolutely loved the soups, salads, and pastries.
After they they both took their orders, Selena rested her elbows on the table with her chin in her hands. "So, how's it going between you two? I'm all ears," she smirked.
"Great. He actually surprised me this morning with flowers," Taylor smiled at the thought of him.
"Oooh!" Selena cooed.
They were acting like schoolgirls, giggling over boys. This was something Taylor didn't get to do when she was in middle school. No one seemed to like her and they'd make up dreadful rumors about her. She'd come home crying and she and her mom would spend the rest of the day together. But they never brought up the subject of boys.

"Hope you two have fun tonight," Selena winked.
"Aw, come on Selena," Taylor drawled, getting her message.

A/N: Thank you guys for 1.5k+ reads!!! You're gonna love next chapter ;)