Part II: Then Fall Back Together Chapter 30

'Twas the night before Christmas

Again, Harry was restless and tossed and turned.
Taylor, too, felt the same way. Excitement filled the air as it was the night before Christmas. It has always been her favorite holiday and now she was going to celebrate it with her favorite person.

Harry finally gave up and got out of bed. He tip toed to Taylor's room and opened the door gently to see if she was awake. Sure enough, she peered from over the covers. "Can I come in?" he whispered.

"You may." He quietly shut the door before walking to Taylor's bed, the old wood floor creaking softly. He sat at the edge of the bed while Taylor got up to scoot over and fixed her position. She patted the spot next to her and said, "Lay down." The queen sized bed was enough to fit both of them.
They were laying like that for a moment, their faces inches apart, out of focus eye to eye. The only sound heard was deep breathing.

"I don't think I've said this enough," Harry broke the silence. "But you're beautiful. I can write a whole book on how beautiful you are and the words that fill the pages still won't be enough to describe you."

"Aw Haz, you don't even have to tell me because I already know," Taylor said, blushing.

"You do?"

"Yes. The way you look at me with your eyes...like I'm the most valuable thing to you, like I'm the only girl in the world. And I'm the same way towards you. I think it's funny how I can't even see anyone when you're with me." She nestled closer to him, placing her head on his bare chest. She traced her finger around his tattoos that she had never gotten time to examine and look carefully at before. He had more tattoos than she had realized.
"What's this one for?" she asked, jabbing her finger at two squiggly lines.

Harry chuckled and said, "That stands for Aquarius, my zodiac sign."

Taylor raised an eyebrow. "Then what's mine?"

Harry's eyes widened. "You mean, you have never stayed up all night scrolling through astrology blogs on Tumblr?" He dramatically covered his mouth in shock while Taylor lied there, confused.

"You, I believe--" he tapped her nose. "--Are a Sagittarius, the Archer."

"Oh, well that's nice to know." Harry grabbed Taylor's phone off of her nightstand and logged onto Tumblr. He went under the zodiac posts and began scrolling through the popular posts under the hashtag. "So are these facts and stuff true?" Taylor asked while watching Harry.

"Well, most of them, I find about me, are. Though, if you want more specific facts, I can fill out an astrology chart for you. That way, we'll know your sun sign, moon sign, rising sign, mid heaven sign, and a bunch of other stuff," he rambled.

"That's fine. You don't have to," Taylor cut him off.
For the next hour they laughed, careful to not be so loud, over some posts and made jokes about one another. Then, they came across a post of a relationship between a male Aquarius and female Sagittarius.

"Oh hey, that's us," Harry pointed out. "No, really, that's actually us!" There were a couple gifs showing the two of them smiling while strolling around the city.

"Aww... Wait, my hair looked whack-o," Taylor commented.

"No it doesn't, it looks perfect," Harry said, kissing the top of her head. He looked over at the digital alarm clock sitting on Taylor's nightstand. Midnight. "Merry Christmas," he breathed.

-

"TAYLOORR," Austin hollered while running to her room and swinging the door open. It was the kind of thing he did on Christmas mornings for the past 15 years now. Taylor and Harry both jumped as he opened the door and it was too late. He stopped, his eyes widened. "Umm, okay I'll leave you two now," he left awkwardly.

Harry bursted into a fit of laughter. "What are you laughing about?" Taylor scowled, her cheeks flushed.

"It was just so awkward and funny--and your reaction," he said in between laughs.

"No it wasn't, it was embarassing." Taylor's frown faltered into a smile and she couldn't help but laugh a little. His laugh was definitely contagious.

"Good morning! Merry Christmas, everyone," Taylor chirped as she entered the kitchen.

While Harry was in another room, phoning his parents, Andrea pulled Taylor in for a conversation. "So--did you two sleep together last night?"

Shit, Austin must've told her. "N-no, I mean ya, but not like that," Taylor stuttered. "Did Aus--"

"I was about to go downstairs for a glass of water before I went to bed, and then I saw Harry." She winked, "Don't you worry. I'll keep it a secret."

After opening presents from Andrea, Scott, and Austin, the two finally opened gifts from each other. "Here you go," Harry pecked her cheek before handing her the gift.

Taylor tore off the wrapping paper and lifted the lid of the box. Her eyes beamed and she let out a small chuckle. Taylor took out a T-shirt and read it out loud, "Taken by Styles." She looked at him, "I love it so much, Harry," and gave him a quick kiss. She threw on the shirt, wearing it over her PJ's.

"Wait, there's another thing in there," he stopped her before she set the box aside.

Taylor found square sized box and opened it. She gasped. It was a Polaroid camera. "I've always wanted one! Thank you, thank you so much!" She threw her arms around him.
"My turn! Here's your's," Taylor handed him a bag, grinning.
Harry took out the tissue paper from the top and uncovered a black T-shirt. He took it out and read the text on the shirt. He and Taylor both laughed. "What a coincidence."

"Great minds think alike," he added and winked. Harry pulled his T-shirt over his head.

"Hey! I'm going to take a polaroid of us," Taylor said. She took out the camera and they both did a silly face. In one click, a photo slid out and they both laughed when they saw it.
Taylor also bought him his favorite cologne but probably didn't spend as much money on him, overall, as he did on her. She felt a little bad because of this.

"Don't worry, your love is all that I could ever ask for. There's no Christmas gift greater than having you here with me," Harry comforted her.

"That's so sweet of you to say. I love you."

"And you know I love you too," he murmured back.

The next ten minutes, everyone was bustling around, gathering Christmas wrapping paper, tissue paper, and bags. Everything else was cleared except, of course, the bags which were re-usable. Just when their bottoms were about to hit the couch, a ring chimed, making them jump.

"Who could it be early this morning?" Scott wondered out loud, scratching his head. He opened the door and to all of their surprise, a group of young children stood caroling, along the sidewalk.

"We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!" they chorused. Taylor stood watching with her head rested on Harry's shoulder, their fingers intertwined.

A/N: SORRY I TOOK SO LONG. I COULD HAVE UPDATED SOONER BUT MY LAPTOP DECIDED TO BE STUPID AND I COULDN'T SAVE MY WORK AND HAD TO RE-WRITE ON HERE ARGHH. ANYWAY, I KNOW I DIDN'T MENTION THIS BUT, WHAT DO YOU THINK SCOTT GOT HARRY? CONDOMS??? 😂😂