Chapter 4- Is this a set up?

I rolled over to the sound of the alarm ringing through my ears, the clock read 6:00 am. I pulled my covers up over my head and curled into a little ball as if I somehow, got small enough I would disappear. I can't believe what I said to Sloan yesterday I may have just ruined my career so staying here in my nice safe little space seems like a better option instead of going into work and actually facing him.

I forced myself out of bed, after 5 minutes of complaining to myself, and had a quick shower. As the cleaned the bathroom mirror, I stared at my reflection noticing the bags under my eyes and my messy wet hair. I splashed my face with water hoping it would help with my appearance and then threw my hair into a ponytail so it would be out of my way for the rest of the day. I rushed into my kitchen and went to go grab a cereal bar, put coffee in my mug and contemplated whether to bring lunch. I decide not to and would buy something in the cafeteria.

As I'm changing into my scrubs in the intern's locker room, I take a glance at my watch and realise that if I don't hurry up, I'll be late for rounds. I finish up changing and run to the front desk where Meredith Grey is waiting for us, she turns towards me and the other interns who have gathered behind me.

"So, you made it to your second week. Congratulations." She said with a stale tone of voice and a bored expression on her face. "If you'll follow me we'll be going to start rounds."

We all followed her like ducklings following their mother arriving at room 3032. Patient was Scott Woods age 55 end stage liver failure, and a match for him has just arrived his transplant will be performed by Dr Bailey today at 3:00pm. Grey entered the room with us greeting the patient as if he was an old friend. After she had finished talking with the patient and his wife, she turned to us asked us to tell her about Scott. My hand shot up with confidence.

"Yes Dr. Rogers. Tell me about Mr Woods" She said matter of fact.

"Age 55 end stage liver failure and will receive a new liver today" I stated. I would say she almost looked happy. Almost.

"It's good to see you familiarized your self with the case it's a shame Dr Sloan has personally requested you stay on his service for the meantime" my jaw dropped. What?!

"Umm..Dr Grey I'm confused. I'm on plastics?" I question. Hoping it's some mix up but with my luck at the moment I was probably going to be feed to sharks later as well. Come to think of it I would rather be eaten by sharks then have to be on Sloan's service. Karma's a bitch.

"Did I stutter? Go. Now, room 3207." She said anger rising in her voice. She was not happy now. "Sloan is waiting for you there."

I walked to room 3207 trying to speed read the chart I picked up at the front desk. The door to the patient's room came around to quickly, knocking on the door before entering I took in the room. Two women and one man, the man obviously Sloan and the other two our patients.

Sloan turned towards me a scowl meeting his features halfway through scanning me as if my just being here displeased him. My face produced the same disgust look two can play this game I thought. He had personally asked for me to be on his service and if he was going to keep pulling faces at me I would keep pulling faces back.

"Doctor Rogers, I'm so glad you could finally join us." He said enthusiastically "Did you have trouble finding the room?"

"No, I just wasn't informed that I was on your service today." I told him.

"Well you'll know from now and so I expect you to be early from here on out"

"Of course"

"Have you at least read up on our patients today?"