Chapter XXII: Goodbye, Ironhaven!

Time has come and gone and before I know it, I'm 20. Shortly after that day with my parents, I moved into Cota's room, in part because it felt like the right thing to do now that I had nothing to worry about in my day to day life, and also because my old room was the first room we started working on. We've decided to move out of The Underground. Using the money we saved up from my final heist, the pay I receive from working for Penelope, and the pay Cota receives from the tavern, we agreed on a house in Moonhelm, a town tens of miles south of Ironhaven, at the edge of the Sidor Kingdom.

Understandably, Cota and I quit our jobs in preparation for the job search that would await us. Honestly, I didn't really quit my job working with Penelope, I was, in her words, "honorably discharged" and given a large bonus as a token of appreciation for my service. I would have quit eventually, don't get me wrong. Since I'd be in a new place, I'd planned to apply at the same places Cota applied so we'd have a steady income to support each other.

I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to The Underground, but I don't have to be. Since I have the Legendary Thief title, Overseer Roxanne gave me free privileges to visit as often as I please, if I feel like it. I'll have to say goodbye to Ironhaven as well. As with The Underground, it won't be an official goodbye, since I'll be back to visit, but I still consider it leaving memories behind.

There's a bright side to it all, and it was Cota that taught me to see it. You never truly leave memories behind, they stick with you, squishing themselves together to make space for the new memories that are yet to be made. That's all there is to it. Just happiness, love, memories, and those sweet, sweet, people that make your life better at every second.