BROKEN CLOCKS

BROKEN CLOCKS

❝ SHE WORE A SMILE,
                       LIKE A LOADED GUN! ❞
    - atticus

WHAT WAS EMILY ELIZA ROUTLEDGE'S LIFE ABOUT? Well, she couldn't even answer that question; since her life was her own personal mess. She and her father moved to the Outer Banks a few years prior; she lived with her uncle and cousin, Big John and John B. Things were awkward between them at first, but they warmed up to each other eventually.

Emily tried to get close to John B's friends; it didn't work. The problem was that she felt like she knew them so well, but they hardly knew her. About a year later, Emily and her father bought their own house by the beach. But, her father spent more time at her uncle and cousin's house, while she spent most of her time on the beach. Emily had even made some friends of her own, but they were all rich; so they didn't see each other much. You see; Emily's personality was so subtle, that only a few people could notice it.

Her dad was one of the only people who understood her. He understood the loss she had went through; the loss of her mother. Emily's mother died when she suffered from an overdose; that was about five months before they moved to the Outer Banks. Everyone thought that her mother was alright, but she wasn't. Even Emily thought she was having a great life with her.

But apparently, her mother was not happy with her life at all. It hurt Emily a lot to know that her own mother was hurting that much; she couldn't help but blame herself. Emily was just Emily. She couldn't tell left from right, and she was definitely not a well-rounded young lady, but she tried to keep her feet planted.

Emily tried to clean up the blood that was splattered on her life; but every time, it crashes back down again. She even got a therapist to help her with her problems; her therapist was also the reason she met three of her closest friends. Her therapist tried to help her become a little more comfortable in Outer Banks; meaning that she tried to help Emily make more friends.

So, Emily's therapist volunteered her children to help: and that resulted in a beautiful blossoming of a rose full of friendships. But, her therapist's teachings also helped make and break her life.

Once, Emily fell in love. Deeply in love as well, and she felt that it was real. She fell for her cousin's best friend, JJ Maybank. Some might say she was crazy for falling for him, but she didn't care about that part. All she knew was; she loved him, and he loved her... well, she thought he did. They dated for a while, but Emily's life started to go downhill. Apparently, her father and her uncle were going on a 'voyage' for a little bit.

But, both of them didn't come back. They were both pronounced dead after a few months; Emily couldn't stop crying and shaking. The worst part was that she was alone. JJ just disappeared when she needed a hug; he wasn't there. That feeling, caused her to break up with JJ. She wanted nothing to do with him anymore, so she stayed far away.